Libertine for Target

i ordered the bib dress and LOVE it. i think it needs to be worn with the right belt though! i thought about ordering the medium, but stuck with small and when i tried it on, STILL had that same grandma feeling. i think with the right, er punk rock (?) belt it will look great. will just require readjustment from sitting to standing position each time :smile: i'm still on the lookout for the perfect wide, hard core belt that will set off the prim details perfectly!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have very long legs for my height, but I am 5 ft 2 (they are almost the same length as my 5ft 11 husband and it fit me fine as a dress, I thought about perhaps getting it even hemmed a bit, but don't want to be tarty. It hit about 2 inches above my knees. When you walk (especially with a handbag on your shoulder), it may ride up a bit, but it wasn't a problem for me, and I don't wear things too short.
Great, thanks for your help. Now if I could just remember which Target I last saw it at.

i ordered the bib dress and LOVE it. i think it needs to be worn with the right belt though! i thought about ordering the medium, but stuck with small and when i tried it on, STILL had that same grandma feeling. i think with the right, er punk rock (?) belt it will look great. will just require readjustment from sitting to standing position each time :smile: i'm still on the lookout for the perfect wide, hard core belt that will set off the prim details perfectly!

I have it in fog (I sent back the purple stripe one) and I wore it today with a huge black woven belt with a giant buckle from Club Monaco. I tried it a couple different ways but ended up putting it up high on my ribs (like empire waist) and I got a lot of complements. I think in the winter when I have tights and boots on I can wear it without a belt, but for summer I'll keep doing the belt thing...

i was a trendy boutique in NYC this weekend and saw that my saleswoman was wearing the blue/white striped bib dress with a massive red belt. the look was awesome! although i dont think i can rock it myself...

I believe the dress in question is this, though I could be wrong.

51wu+Hnpf+L._SS384_.jpg

target.com

yup, thats the dress im talking about. target.com says it is coming soon. although i think some people have already ordered it online.

I just recieved my blue and green tunic dress. The length isn't too short but pretty borderline on my legs. I loveeeeee the color but the fit is just so strange up top. It's too big for me up top and with the poofy sleeves it makes me look like I have giant shoulders. So I don't know if i'm going to keep it or not.

i went to target and got the cream tee shirt with the tree on it as well as the pink polo shirt with the horse. unfortunately they only had either the large or the xs sizes. the tree shirt was the one i really wanted, it's a bit loose but the thing i didn't like about it was that it's fairly sheer. i might have to wear a camisole under it or use it as an undershirt. the pink polo shirt i like a lot, and is a medium, but it's kind of long...and i'm 5 foot 8! wonder if they will shrink if i put them in the dryer!

for the price, they are pretty nice pieces though!

I got the black crepe dress and am disappointed... the white trim looks too cheap. I liked the material and the fit but will return it. :innocent:

Same reason there isn't one in my town. :wink: Manhattan seems like a large enough city, though, that it's hard to believe there isn't a location. That's not to say I don't, however, because I do!

I received an email from Target today telling me new pieces from Libertine have arrived, but I don't notice anything different on the website. Does anyone else see any new clothing?

I ordered and finally received the dark denim jeans and the lace front blouse in both colors. I think I'll be returning everything though. The shape of the jeans looks so horrible on me. The front pockets are really long and they make my legs look short. I didn't notice a really big difference in sizes, I got a 3 in the jeans and smalls in the tops.

I think the best jeans out of the collections so far were the skinny Proenza ones and the Luella pair with the ruffles in back. I still wear both of them. I thought I would really love the ivory blouse, but I actually like the black one more. They're a both a bit pointy in the shoulders. Has anyone had any luck ironing them out or something? I really love the black blouse but when I lift my arms up it gives me Frankenstein shoulders.

I got my dark denim jeans and loved them. I'm on the tall side though so that may be the difference. I also got the blue silk cami with the wide lace straps and lace-trimmed bottom. It looks great on. I love the black lace shirt too.

The striped vest has shipped but hasn't arrived yet.My creme lace blouse still hasn't shipped:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->