Lidia Cerutti - Artist / Illustrator

nr9dream

Reaction score
I discovered her work recently & don’t think she has been mentioned here yet...
I love her compositions & use of mixed techniques...Her work is featured in the book Imagemakers.

http://www.lidiacerutti.com/

Artist Statement:"sensual, controlled, sense of colour scale, understated, pure, combination of photographic and drawing techniques.", jury statement Nina de Yorke Prize for Fashion Illustration 2002.

head20in720jpg.jpg

Quote & images from http://www.artshole.co.uk/lidiacerutti.htm

very interesting, nr9dream! i like the method of layering techniques and collage she uses to create volume and texture for the clothes :heart: i'm not crazy about the color palette though...

Really nice! I especially like the first one, it's so expressive :heart:

thanks for bringing this in, nr9dream:heart:
i love the first one, i agree with stilista, it's very expressive and personal.
the layering techniques are great and (argh! i'm only agreeing:lol:) i'm not too fond of the colours either. the background colours, that is. they seem a little uninspired...

do you have the book 'imagemakers'?

her colour choices are... not so hot. but i like the motion and volume conveyed without resorting to traditional tonal techniques.

I read that book a few months ago... some of the work is decent

For some reason I quite like the colors esp. her use of yellow/beige -> as a fashion palette there is something v. fresh about it I think…though I agree on the solid backgrounds.

I don’t own the book but looked through it a little while ago & liked it (also to discover new artists- I was looking for a place online which lists all contributors as unfortunately I cannot recall the names…)

thought i'd give this a little bump with more pictures from artshole.co.uk
head%20in%206.jpg

alice in wonderland is everywhere^_^

head%20in%204%20copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shrey1411
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"