Liu Wen

US Vogue July 2015
"BELLES & WHISTLES"
Photographer
: Gregory Harris
Models: Kendall Jenner, Nathalie Emmanuel, Gigi Hadid, Charly and Margaux, Aya Jones, Liu Wen, Sofia Paz & Carson Meyer

Credited scanner prefers to remain anonymous

UHQ (without text!)

photocouture-show.com

^ Think the blue background gives a better feel to the overall shot than the gray. Either way Liu look fresh and gorgeous.

Already displayed...

instagram/laperlalingerie

Random Post.

Wherever you go, you see Liu's face... the above La Perla is in Houston, USA.

Not to make it a big deal, but not one blue-chip ad is captured...

instagram/kammi33

May this help and be reflective upon Liu Wen both personally and professionally.

instagram/liuwenlw

Cut scene - Siwon making sure Liu was well...

youtube

So I was flipping through some older Vogues and came across the April 2014 issue and realized that Liu Wen was mentioned in the article. Here in red box:

digital edition via Zorka

Given that this was 1.5 years ago where Liu had accumulated that much of a following on Instagram... Today we see she has a million. Not to mention her Weibo accrued 4 million in the span of less than two years (now almost 11 million).

Just giving cold hard facts.

If that US Vogue's models cover have happened last year, Liu might probably be picked for it...

I know it's futile to bring this conversation up (again). But instead of getting chosen, she was mentioned here four months in advance... but yeah one does wonder if Vogue US Sept. 2014 were to happen in 2013, would Liu have gotten it... Seriously.

Even the theme was 'instagirls' and as of last year, Liu was still relatively miles ahead of most of those girls. And I'll digress right now because obviously we know where this is going, to pit two friends against each other. (Why can't both be on?) Moving on.

Just want to say this. If this is how the fashion industry wants to operate and those who conduct their business by social media - and if they want to hire Liu, they should reconsider but not hesitate and just hire her. Not necessarily because of the numbers in itself (although it does contribute a fraction), but because of the effort and willingness on Liu's part, as a competent model, to 'brand' herself through this medium and the incentives in the long run. If they're looking for other criteria, they should know what the model also brings to the table, factoring everything.

Anyway I think we highlighted that Liu herself isn't completely sold on the idea of being a social media star per se - but going on her words, I'm assuming she does it more so for her job and of course, 'recognition' as she wants to transition and evolve. Otherwise I don't think she would be keen on this. I mean she isn't the selfie type of person and her true personality is more reserved and tend to keep distance if she can despite being a public figure....

However I do think she understands the potential and immense opportunity to use this platform to her advantage hence her fun, smiling posts. And they've served great purpose in return.

So, even though they haven't yet, if any future Vogue or blue-chip client wants to hire a model (and Asian) - please look no further, Liu Wen is there to assist the goal. Hypothetically and strategically speaking.

Ends my raving.
:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Liu's infinite bag collection of her recent purchase/spotting; and we know she has a lot more...

weibo.com

^ Agree. And some of those are extension for promotional purposes (presumably as an ambassador role)...

Panda Liu?

weibo.com

I think the most of them are the gifts from the brands
Although probably true, most girls would kill for a collecion like that and I just love the variety. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
one more
637dee21gw1etlbrveq7rj20vr0m80xf.jpg

^^ Absolutely gorgeous shot. Adore the 60s touch and love the fact that Liu is wearing something that we often don't see her in. She looks sexy in it and that slight tan is giving us an elegant, subtle bombshell. :wub:

Thanks La Perla + M&M!

It's not that words are meaningless, but it's the actions that reassure...

gifs by me

No, they're not a real couple. This is all for show, they're basically acting. Don't be fooled by their acting, they're definitely not dating. It happens all the time with We Got Married (the Korean equivalent). These shows are incredibly scripted and the participanty barely contact each other until they have to film.

Agree. Should I/we write them off now? I think the novelty is (finally) wearing off... Ep. #8 was tiresome. Something about this episode just threw the vibe off the show or the whole atmosphere.

Are people still even watching this? :unsure:

Previews:

via weibo.com as tagged

BTS new upcoming work with Benjamin Puckey & Geraldine Holford...

instagram/geraldineholford

Plus I'm not sure if this other piece that I read (via Weibo) was related/directed to the above. But it said that Liu is returning to a brand that she has appeared on before (and I don't think it was referring to La Perla). I don't think we should hold our breath for this one though...

*shrugs and just gonna wait*

Agree. Should I/we write them off now? I think the novelty is (finally) wearing off... Ep. #8 was tiresome. Something about this episode just threw the vibe off the show or the whole atmosphere.

Are people still even watching this? :unsure:
Me!!!!!!!!!! Lol I'm still loving it and I never want it to end, I'll be so sad when it's over.
I honestly think it's real and I've seen the Korean version as well and that is so much more obviously scripted and cheesy. Obviously there is some stuff in this version that is scripted too I'll admit but I think that a lot of it is very real. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->