Liu Wen

^ No problem!

Though can I just say something?

Anyone is welcome to post in Liu's thread (of course!). I mean I don't want to be the only person that do so, but I'm compelled to do so. And I usually take some time before posting things. So while in that moment people can post whatever they can first, because I don't mind doing the "after cleaning" - but if people don't post, then you bet I will. But usually a bit later.

And this applies to all models' thread too. Basically I don't mean to hog, but I will post.

Just want to clarify this and this isn't directed at anyone. Plus I don't mean this as if I'm someone who is in charge of Liu's thread, because I'm not, but I want to keep her thread alive as much as possible! :heart:^_^:flower:

Attended Prada's Fall 2016 Show, Front Row
February 26, 2016

yv82IDV.gif

gif by me; instagrams: lindafargo & sevenseven_zhangqi; sina.com; tagged via weibo

Wearing Pucci | Attended the Vogue x Instagram Dinner | Milan
February 25, 2016

instagram/chungalexa; vogue.com

^^^ Whoops! The date was the 25th.

And no Emporio, someone reported that wrong.

Preview Sunday Times Style UK:

[

Last edited by a moderator:

Vogue Portugal Online | February 29, 2016

Interview: Liu Wen Exclusive

The first Chinese supermodel and face of the new campaign for Mango.

Go behind the scenes:

*Rough translation

She was the first Chinese model to parade for Victoria's Secret and be chosen as the face of Estée Lauder. Now, Liu Wen, sum over a global framework to curriculum and joins Mango to give life to the new campaign - and collection - the brand for the month of March, which is inspired by the simplicity of the 90s.

We interviewed exclusively to the model, and talked with her about her career and this new collaboration. Read the interview below.

ELLE: Do you feel that defied the pre-established standards of beauty, or otherwise, that enlarged the concept of beauty?

Liu Wen: I can only say that I am living a phase shift, where people are influenced by many more things than before. It may have made ​​a small difference, but I think many others did the same.

You're a source of inspiration for women worldwide. Judge have contributed to give more expression to the Asian beauty?

I think that the Asian beauty has always been very expressive, but the world has become smaller with Internet access and more information, and thanks to that people started appreciate more Asian culture as a whole - and therefore also the Asian beauty.

How to be the first Chinese supermodel? What does it mean to you?

I want to start by thanking the support. I'm just a young woman who always liked her work, so it's surprising when someone calls me that. But I think if people see me like that, it is a proof of how I worked.

Tell us something about China, which probably do not know?

There is a restaurant in Beijing called "1946", which serves duck to Beijing and is one of the tastiest places where ever eaten.

Tell us something about you, we do not know.

I'm not a good cook, but I make good desserts.

The supermodels always agree #flawless?

Yes! Just like as in the photographs ... ahahah, I'm kidding. Like other people, I also need to find me.

What are your essential beauty products?

The Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair and lipstick.

Can you share with us the best advice you ever received?

Trust in your instincts and do not give up ever.

How to represent a brand like Mango?

It's an honor. I am very happy to be part of the current campaign, and has been fun to work with the whole team. I hope you enjoy the images and video, as much as I!

What are your favorite parts of this trend?

Without any doubt, the black bib and white shirt with back in income.

all elle.pt

Marie Claire France Online | March 29, 2016

*very rough translation

L'INTERVIEW FASHION WEEK DE LIU WEN

Egeria of the collection "Soft Minimal" Mango coming out this month, exclusive meeting with Liu Wen, the Chinese supermodel with a thousand shows.

How does it feel to become the new face of Mango, after Kendall Jenner, Kate Moss or Cara Delevingne?

I am very honored to represent a brand that has been working with these incredible models.

The new collection Mango whose muse you're out today, in full Fashion Week. What is your favorite piece?

The black suit and white blouse with laced back, I will wear well with a pants black in the collection. In general, I think the simplicity and style are always a trend.

Do you a "routine holding" during Fashion Week?

I always wear a dress comfortable for the plane, saw all the time I spend.

Do you already had a heart for holding a show that you should wear?

It happens to us all, right?

What is the creator you prefer?

I love brands such as Chanel, Celine, Acne...there are so many that it's hard to choose just one!

What is your best memory of Fashion Week? And the worst?

Having been involved in many parades is still a very good memory but the worst is when I end up being exhausted and I need to run a show in the other in the cold, like right now.

What do you prefer most about being a model during Fashion Week?

It is really to work with the most talented people in the world.

Which models inspires you the most? Are you become friends with some of them by force to work together on the catwalk ?

The most girls I work with are a source of inspiration for me, but it is true that over the years, I became close to many of them.

Between two shows, where do you like to spend time in Paris?

I love going to museums or just walking in the streets of the city This is really one of the most beautiful cities of the world.

What is your beauty routine before or after a long flight?

Always stay very hydrated!

Imagine that Fashion Weeks are very harsh. What are your tips for them "survive"?

Sleep as much as I can and above all, do not skip meals!

What type of facial you using to protect your skin from all these layers of makeup you should wear for parades?

Products Estée Lauder are my favorite.

What advice would you give to a young model who is getting ready for her first Fashion Week?

Keep confidence and stay strong!
all marieclaire.fr

A few days ago. Liu on set for L'Officiel. Which edition, not sure.

instagrams: el_ed & romangasser

Thoroughly enjoyed Liu's thoughts on her NYMAG feature. Personally would prefer to hear more in-depth and serious topics that she may regard as important (like the charities she partake, AIDs, and Women Violence; etc.), or things regarding Asian women in general.

Would love to have a real sit-down conversation with her and "explore" what she thinks and knows. Could be interesting and fun!

Mango 'Soft Minimal' Spring 2016
Ph: David Sims
Stylist: Clare Richardson

mango.com

gif by me

Autographing...

instagrams: kiraaaliu & vbao9119

Yup. She even posted this.

weibo/modelliuwen

Her work in Mexico with Melanie:

[

^ Awesome ! I'm glad she's on the cover of french ELLE, I can go buy it tomorrow :lol:

^ If do, tell/share how it is. ^_^ Looking forward.

Glad to see a familiar name.

More respect for David Sims now that I've realized he's been photographing Liu ever since she made it on to the international scene (one of the major photogs to shoot her first). He consistently shoots her till this day and hopefully that their relationship continues to thrive.

Thanks David for the support!

(Though sometimes I much would like to see Sims do something vastly different with Liu - a creative perspective that isnt the usual images of their past collaborations. I want him to challenge her.)

Also was Liu in Barcelona/Spain for Mango? I mean did she just shot this before MFW.

Date in Post #158 should be Feb. 29 not March.

Elle UK Online

1. WHAT DOES STYLE MEAN TO YOU?

Fashion and style are a language - they helps us communicate with each other in a creative way. Style is one of the most important methods of self-expression.

2. HOW WOULD YOU DEFINE YOUR OWN STYLE?

Comfortable, tomboy, and full of mix-and-match elements.

3. HOW DID YOU BECOME A MODEL? IS IT SOMETHING YOU WANTED TO DO SINCE YOU WERE A CHILD?

I never thought about becoming a model, actually. When I was 17, I entered a modeling contest in my home province in China because my mother wanted me to learn better posture. And the rest is history!

4. WHAT WAS IT LIKE WORKING WITH THE MANGO TEAM? ANY FUN MOMENTS?

It was a wonderful and comfortable experience. The creative team on set were people I’d worked with many times before – David Sims, Clare Richardson, etc. – so we all had a very nice reunion. A fun moment was when they asked me to use Elvis as reference during the shoot – I had never tried to imitate him before, so it was a fun challenge!

5. WHAT IS THE KEY TO HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IN FASHION?

Love your job, stay punctual, and appreciate everything!
elleuk.com

aQ7Sz1l.jpg

sina.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fahad9320
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->