Elle China = Shanghai with Nick

Around Ami show, prior Lanzarote = French Vogue cover shoot

Lanzarote before couture week = Bottega Veneta Andiamo

(Possible jobs throughout FW24 shows)

Los Angeles = Saint Laurent campaign

Lisbon, Portugal = ?

Vogue China June = Shanghai zoo and theatre

Somewhere in the USA = ?

Burberry lookbook = how, when, where and why?

Somewhere early June = ?

London mid June = ?

weibo.com

Did she really land in LA or was she taking off.

Maybe it’s for YSL…

:magic::clap:

With the current state of Kering and its brands: is Liu Wen their savior?

Campaigns for Gucci, McQueen, Saint Laurent and Bottega Veneta with the majority of them all being recent. Enlisted in 4 of the 5 key brands. 8+ ads and other misc work.

Either she’s doing something right or/and Elite is just that deep, and to go all in for this behemoth is insanely impressive and interesting (what were the calls like for Chris Gay).

While I do think the Balenciaga ship has already sailed, she does have Meisel and Nicolas tho…

via weibo.com

instagrams: alexandreean, cristine_sun, juliendc, patmcgrathreal, voguemagazine
dazeddigital.com | theimpression.com | tiktok/loewe | usa.10magazine.com | vogue.it | wwd.com
credits owners via xiaohongshu.com & weibo.com

Last week she flew to somewhere.

Interestingly, whenever she is departing/arriving back without her entourage (agent/assistant/hair&makeup, etc.), could it be that it's an oversea trip? Additionally, her (domestic) work usually employ the same makeup/hair people - so wonder if it's a job elsewhere, it'd be other artists than her own... given that they aren't pictured (who knows, they probably on a diff flight or off to the side).

Not always the case, but it's a good observation.

weibo.com

US Vogue August 2024

TEXTURE! VOLUME! COLOR!
Photography:
Mikael Jansson
Styling: Camilla Nickerson
Hair: Shay Ashual
Make-up: Hannah Murray
Models: Devyn Garcia, Angelina Kendall, Liu Wen, Carolyn Murphy, Liisa Winkler, Adut Akech, Loli Bahia, Anok Yai, Vittoria Ceretti & Jill Kortleve

vogue.com

Never mind. Think she probably flew to Shanghai (or locally) from post #9467.

While it’s a bit soon/futile to even bring this up but with the news that VS is coming back with its original runway, it just got me thinking about Liu Wen… and all I can say is, heck no.

Following what I said earlier about the direction her career has headed, it’s really not a good idea to go back to VS (even though the lingerie giant played a somewhat significant part in her stardom). She already had her wings, she did many shows (let others have the spotlight, spread the love), had a great time, let that chapter be something of the past. Let’s not go down that route when her high fashion career is ascending to heavenly heights than ever.

To echo a member here with a comment along the lines of ‘stuck doing commercial jobs when she ought to be doing high fashion’ – yes, no more e-commerce for Next UK, H&M and catalog work for Esprit and Madewell. Nothing wrong with that in itself. But we were talking about Liu Wen and the career that she should’ve had sooner. This is more nuanced than I’m presenting here, but that is another day if we wanna go deeper. Anyway, if one has to choose, best believe I/we would want her career as it is now rather than the “commercialized” LW doing less high fashion. She’s come too far to not seize this moment(um) and go full throttle on this path until the industry tells her to take a break and come back another time.

Hopefully I’m not framing VS = commercial = less prestige = less worthy…. We know that’s not true. Sometimes for some models who are at a certain stage in life and career, VS and HIGH FASHION aren’t always the best of friends, so to speak. No, she shouldn't do both right now (in theory, she could).

It’s still months out but we know decisions are made months in advance. Surely they already know and have more faith in them now, so may her team see VS is something not to chase (or, as if Wen were ever in the conversation or considering).

weibo.com

Never mind. Think she probably flew to Shanghai (or locally) from post #9467.

While it’s a bit soon/futile to even bring this up but with the news that VS is coming back with its original runway, it just got me thinking about Liu Wen… and all I can say is, heck no.

Following what I said earlier about the direction her career has headed, it’s really not a good idea to go back to VS (even though the lingerie giant played a somewhat significant part in her stardom). She already had her wings, she did many shows (let others have the spotlight, spread the love), had a great time, let that chapter be something of the past. Let’s not go down that route when her high fashion career is ascending to heavenly heights than ever.

To echo a member here with a comment along the lines of ‘stuck doing commercial jobs when she ought to be doing high fashion’ – yes, no more e-commerce for Next UK, H&M and catalog work for Esprit and Madewell. Nothing wrong with that in itself. But we were talking about Liu Wen and the career that she should’ve had sooner. This is more nuanced than I’m presenting here, but that is another day if we wanna go deeper. Anyway, if one has to choose, best believe I/we would want her career as it is now rather than the “commercialized” LW doing less high fashion. She’s come too far to not seize this moment(um) and go full throttle on this path until the industry tells her to take a break and come back another time.

Hopefully I’m not framing VS = commercial = less prestige = less worthy…. We know that’s not true. Sometimes for some models who are at a certain stage in life and career, VS and HIGH FASHION aren’t always the best of friends, so to speak. No, she shouldn't do both right now (in theory, she could).

It’s still months out but we know decisions are made months in advance. Surely they already know and have more faith in them now, so may her team see VS is something not to chase (or, as if Wen were ever in the conversation or considering).

weibo.com
I think there is a possible conflict of interest between her ubras contract and VS.

^ That settles everything before it even takes flight. (Guess it was the same thing with La Perla even though there was never anything official/publicly.)

Some BTS of an unknown project. Could be for Chanel (is she wearing it?) or a new endorsement…

Or maybe something similar to this clip from last year:

all weibo.com

Not entirely sure but she’s supposedly to be on a Chinese September issue – rumor could be Marie Claire.

It also appears she shot for Erdos or T Magazine China last week (?).

weibo.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HenryBruh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->