Loewe Men's F/W 2020.21 Paris

KO5O.gif

(tenor.com)

Maybe his most feminine and less practical collection. I puzzled but it’s not bad. Loewe has a fashion customer but I don’t know if that man is ready to wear a cape/coat with a round collar or an A-line coat....
The elephant bags are cute tho.

Again, this feels more structured and grown-up than most of his past collections. I liked the JWA show and this one too: it felt less gimmicky than usual (alas, except those hideous lurex gowns fattened into aprons...) and, if somewhat operatic in the volumes, the coats/capes were fantastic pieces, and not that unwearable, if you have the lifestyle and bank account.

Liked his namesake show more but it's not bad, I liked that he remade the coat with the rolled-up collar from his last women's show. The knit with the chain detail and the coats with contrast piping were also favorites of mine. The awful aprons I will try to forget.

I feel like Anderson is veering into dangerous territory with this collection. This looks like a menswear collection for women. I know that he has always pioneered unisex fashion but these clothes are just too feminine for most men.

His menswear for Loewe is already quite niche and I'll be very interested to see how well this sells. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the buyers were female clients.

It’s missing a clear mood to me, which was always there in his previous collections.

this season has been super feminine in menswear. It’s really intense to see it in almost every collection. It’s very on the nose and unsubtle. I don’t mind it, just interesting to see it happen.

It’s missing a clear mood to me, which was always there in his previous collections.

this season has been super feminine in menswear. It’s really intense to see it in almost every collection. It’s very on the nose and unsubtle. I don’t mind it, just interesting to see it happen.

Yes, I honestly didn't expect it. I thought fashion was going to move in a more unisex, utilitarian direction this decade and instead it has started heavily borrowing a lot of elements of womenswear and adapting them for men. I've loved skirts since Hedi's FW '04 show for Dior though, so I hope this becomes more of the norm to give me the confidence to rock one in the near future!

As for this Loewe collection, there are less items I want this time around but Jonathan continues to design great shirts and coats. I'm in love with the blue shirt with the pom pom fringe detail; I find the entire combo with the leather shorts and the hat stunning, actually.

For someone who makes such bold male clothes, it is quite ironic he only wears basic jumpers and jeans. I would like to see JW Anderson wearing his clothes...well, if he would dare to do so!
Most designers tend not to wear flashy clothes.

There are a couple of very nice coats, however the rest just looks silly. It's a shame because the ideas are there, they just never materialized. The proportions are attempting to challenge traditional menswear, unfortunately they're extremely unflattering. The "Ballgowns" really show a lack of taste and imagination. Not a single designer has nailed this mix of male and female. They all take it literally. A dress on a man is not groundbreaking, especially when it looks like that. I would like to see him push it further. You can always tone it down for retail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"