London shopping

Originally posted by dragonlance@Oct 9 2004, 09:47 AM
awwww......I totally agree with you!! that is a very cool quote!!!!!!!!! Tis indeed not money nor brands make you fashionable...its style! You rule!!! :clap:
[snapback]391472[/snapback]​

christian dior rules...!!1 :woot: :wink:

Having visited Steinberg and Tolkein, Rellik, One of a Kind and Rokit, my absolute favourite by far was Rokit. Great and unique clothes for very decent prices, ignoring of course the abundance of cowboy boots (haha), the Covent Garden store was amazing, and the staff were very friendly.

I found the others pretty disappointing. :(

hey guys! have anyone of you heard about that little shopping place off oxford street?...near carnaby....i thik it is called king's square or something and its like full of new and upcoming independent designers....anyone knows about it? do they have like men's wear and are they any good?

hmm it's ok. I've never spent loads of time there but it has a cute courtyard in the middle where it's cool to have coffee and sit with friends.

yeah...i went when i was there...as impossible princess says...the courtyard is a good place to sit and get away...though i preferred to be in the thick of things so i could people-watch...

the stores all looked kind of junk-y...and a bit cheap...and i don't mean inexpensive...

but i believe they had both men's and women's...if you're there anyway...it's no big deal to just take a quick look around...
:flower:

Shopping in London

Hello everybody,

in two weeks I will fly to London with 3 friends , we are all just students, so our budget is pretty low-medium. I just wanna ask you , if you could give me some advices where to shop. The name of the shops and streets. That would be awesome. Brands like like Marc Jacobs, Chloe etc. are not really our price range.

Thanks in advance !:flower:

you should check Favorites section...search Shop London
there are a few threads about this

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so looking forward to fly to London , it will be my third time but the first time with my friends, so it's gonna be totally different as the first two times... we will be there for only 4 days too short to enjoy the whole city.

Ooo have a fantastic time then! Hopefully it will be warmer by the time you get over here!

Yes, the search feature is defintely helpful, but I wonder if we could somehow have a pinned topic with City Shopping Guides. I don't know how the logistics of it would work (it could get crazy with every city)....maybe a main thread and then links to each city within that thread. The problem now is that NY shopping links could be in 20 different threads and the information here is so helpful (I've discovered so much and I'm an NYC native) that I really wish it was more centralized....I'd love to be able to see a pinned topic with all the info for London, Tokyo, etc., and even the more obscure places...
I just think the way we are going now (with repeat or hard to find threads) doesn't show off the TFSs wealth of knowledge!

yeah that is a good idea..you should let the admin know..

Andy is just swamped with work lately but the idea of setting of city guides is definately in the pipeline. I think he just needs to get the proper software in place and soon we will all be able to add to that

London Shopping Help !!

I need your help!!

Baisically I am going on a trip to London in a few weeks the place of Fashion and shops :flower:

And even better im going to have £500 to spend :lol:

But I really dont have a clue on what to buy :o

So this is where i need all of your help :unsure:

I dont know what to buy so i need your suggestions!! :innocent:

Anything will do (But not anything high over £500 and no dresses etc...)

Topshop anyone? :D Sorry, that's the only store I know that's supposedly "good" from London. :flower:

Repost is a very good store. Search is another one.

If your 'few weeks' fall anywhere between 8-10th of April DWS have a sale due. I am of course going to be in attendance, as I missed the last due to touring commitments.:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->