London shopping

Hi JamieCD, I seeked a peak at your profile, and guessed that you might have your own place given the age you posted..are you looking for interior boutiques as well? And if so what style ?

Selfridges has imo a vast selection of mens clothing..but I think it would help us guide you, if you described your style/favorite designers.

Try doing a search - a lot of tFS's members favorite stores/restaurants/night spots etc are listed in other London threads..

:flower:

Theory said:
Yes, the search feature is defintely helpful, but I wonder if we could somehow have a pinned topic with City Shopping Guides. I don't know how the logistics of it would work (it could get crazy with every city)....maybe a main thread and then links to each city within that thread. The problem now is that NY shopping links could be in 20 different threads and the information here is so helpful (I've discovered so much and I'm an NYC native) that I really wish it was more centralized....I'd love to be able to see a pinned topic with all the info for London, Tokyo, etc., and even the more obscure places...
I just think the way we are going now (with repeat or hard to find threads) doesn't show off the TFSs wealth of knowledge!

i've been trying to merge as many repetetive links as possible...if you come accross any...posst the link in a thread or send me or meg a pm with the links and we will merge...together we can compile a great list...thanks... :flower:

Good Friday

Hi guyz , I will fly this thursday to London with some friends and want to know if the shops are open at Good Friday ?

Thanks a lot in advance:flower:

Best vintage shops in London?

Hi all,

I'm going to London this summer, and I was wondering which are the best vintage shops to go to. I'm looking for something not too expensive, with loads of choice and preferably not too formal. I've heard Beyond Retro is good, what have you heard? What about Steinberg and Tolkein, Rellik etc? If anyone has any experiences of any of these, please let me know!

Thanks,

Glittery.

hi glittery...
..there's a thread with all of this info...i think it's in the favourites section...
favourite places in london...it's packed with amazing info...

:flower:

In London for four days, where to shop?

Hello everyone,

I'm in London for work but will have a bit of time to sneak to the shops. I'm interested in fun vintage, young designers, and cool shoes and accessories. Not chain stores, as I'm interested in discovering new stuff.

To give you an idea of my taste, designers I love are Viktor & Rolf, Yves St Laurent, Galliano, Jil Sander, Myla for underwear, and lots of others, though I can't afford what I love unless I'm incredibly lucky and find it on some huge sale.

Price wise, I would consider spending up to 75 pounds for a jacket or a pair of shoes and up to 60 pounds for a pair of trousers. (I am willing to have my arm twisted if needed though.)

I would love to browse some well-edited vintage shops and interesting street markets.

Any tips from people in the know would be fabulous!

Portobello Market, got really nice little shops there with vintage stuff.

Harvey nics. Is definenetly worth checking out.

Harrods.

Selfridges. But for £75 you wont even get something from the food section.

Not to sound harsh but that is almost reality.

Always worth trying Topshop at Oxford Circus too, Lady Penelope. Its a flagship store, and they have a huge vintage section of one off peices at very affordable prices. Beware though, you could be in their all day :wink:. Its fab!!
You have to go to Harrods, even if it is just for inspiration. The designer cirque is on the 1st floor. Harvey Nics is just a five minute walk from Harrods, so do this too, with each floor you go to, items become more affordable!.
Bond street, is actually off of harvey nics, again, you won't find cheap items, but fabulous shopping!

Thank you everyone! Isn't it funny how one raises one's standards in terms of spending limits and yet somehow it's never enough... :-/

I adore Dorthy Perkins they also have some great stuff as well.

Harrods and Harvey's are way to expensive so if you plan to only spend 75 or 135 pounds all together I don't think those are the places you should go. Though it is nice to window shop. lol!

As someone else mentioned,Bond Street is also great.

Happy shopping!

Harrods and Selfridges
Oxford Street, Bond Street

That's where I would go.

Back from London!

Okay, I happened to stumble upon a Net-a-Porter warehouse sale and snagged an utterly fabulous Viktor and Rolf shirt for 100 pounds:

http://firstview.com/WRTWfall2003/VIKTOR_AND_ROLF/P072.html

That's literally all I bought in London, and it's not like I didn't try hard to spend more!

I just hated hated hated the Boho look that seems to be the only thing going on over there right now. Combined with the terrible deal that anyone from the States gets on the exchange rate right now (everything seemed at least 30% more expensive than in the US), it just wasn't a top place to shop for me!

While frustrated on the shopping front, I was quite happy to have more time to check out the sights, which was lots of fun.

Thanks again for your tips!

Lady-Penelope said:
Okay, I happened to stumble upon a Net-a-Porter warehouse sale and snagged an utterly fabulous Viktor and Rolf shirt for 100 pounds:

http://firstview.com/WRTWfall2003/VIKTOR_AND_ROLF/P072.html

That's literally all I bought in London, and it's not like I didn't try hard to spend more!

I just hated hated hated the Boho look that seems to be the only thing going on over there right now. Combined with the terrible deal that anyone from the States gets on the exchange rate right now (everything seemed at least 30% more expensive than in the US), it just wasn't a top place to shop for me!

While frustrated on the shopping front, I was quite happy to have more time to check out the sights, which was lots of fun.

Thanks again for your tips!

I hear you (about the exchange rate, not about the Boho look :D ^_^ ). I'm not looking forward to my trip to Stockholm as far as spending, but I'm still excited. London is very expensive....

WOW to the Viktor and Rolf shirt!:heart::heart:

So you hate the boho look as well?? You are not alone my dear.:doh:

Aaah, atleast you managed to pick up a great shirt.
What did you think of our city though???? Did you enjoy your trip here, and is it how you expected it to be: :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->