Longchamp By Tracey Emin

Noufa

Reaction score
I saw the ad for this bag in the september issue of british vogue. Just thought it was really cute although I can't say the same thing about its price ehehe.
What caught my attention was that it had " ya habebe" written on it which means my love in arabic as well as the misspelled mon cheri . . . I know some ppl here will think this is the epitome of cheesiness but I just had to post it :innocent:

To celebrate the Pliage collection, LONGCHAMP presents a new version in conjunction with English art phenomenon Tracey Emin. Inspired by the concept of travel souvenirs, these creations at best are intimate possessions featuring crafty patchwork and an undisputed theme for each design.

The limited-edition suitcase come in 200 examples only, and feature the name of a city visited by Tracy Emin, complete with cocard personally signed by the artist. Price: 3 000 euros. :shock: Other styles available: Small size bag (290 euros), Large size bag (350 euros), pocket-style (75 euros) pre-launch only at colette in july and august. The pocket-style one's are in the eshop!!

Attachments

• longchamp.JPG
    longchamp.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 65
I like the "international woman" design i think its very cute and i would rather like to carry one myself :heart: :heart:

I'm not a fan of Tracey Emin's art, but I do feel sorry for her losing her work in that fire, i'm sure she put a lot of hard work in. I think the fire has boosted her popularity.

I don't like this bag, but I like Longchamp's latest selection and all their classic Pliages bags.

longchamp is such a nice line, but i don't like whatever that is. i wonder if it's doing well.

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Aug 19 2004, 07:18 PM
MISPELLED?

God, get a proofreader.
[snapback]338918[/snapback]​

If you have a problem with my english, well that's because it isn't my first language!
The "Mon sherie" written on the bag should be "mon chéri" (french).

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Aug 19 2004, 07:18 PM
MISPELLED?

God, get a proofreader.
[snapback]338918[/snapback]​

It's a joke. Thick, ignorant Enlgish tourists often pronounce 'cheri' like 'sheh-reee'. It's quite a subtle difference in pronunciation though, you'd probably have to be English to get the joke...

Originally posted by Noufa@Aug 20 2004, 09:13 AM
If you have a problem with my english, well that's because it isn't my first language!
The "Mon sherie" written on the bag should be "mon chéri" (french).
[snapback]339596[/snapback]​

:doh: I'm sorry!! I didn't mean your English.. I just meant that a Longchamp bag shouldn't have things mispelled...

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Aug 20 2004, 11:30 AM
It's a joke. Thick, ignorant Enlgish tourists often pronounce 'cheri' like 'sheh-reee'. It's quite a subtle difference in pronunciation though, you'd probably have to be English to get the joke...
[snapback]339721[/snapback]​

actually...from what i have learned about tracey emin...mispellings are not supposed to be tongue in cheek...but actually mispellings...

apparently she really can't spell...and because her work is ALL ABOUT HER...the fact that she can't spell remains part of her work...it's a personal quirk i believe...sort of a trademark...

that's how it was explained to me by an english aquaintance who happens to be a HUGE tracey emin fan...we had this conversation some time before the bags...apparently she makes these quilts and does the same thing...

the person i am referring to helped me to understand miss emin's work a bit...but i'm not very familiar with it myself and i can't say that these bags make me want to see more...i'm really not very impressed...

i'm more intrigued by the fact that such a traditional company as longchamps would collaborate with a somewhat contraversial young artist...interesting business move on both their parts...big public relations ploy for them both...

and the limited edition status will add to their collectibility...too bad they aren't better bags...
i really don't care for them... :huh: :flower:

thanks for the topic noufa... :flower:

I really am liking the suitcase and I am considering getting one. Can I get it online? Where can I see more pictures online?

I wasn't sure where the best place to post this was...

I was wondering if Longchamp Pliage bags are good for school bags and all the heavy things that I might have to put in it? I think the large size would be the best for me...I really don't want to carry anything too pricey (or cheap since they don't hold up) so this bag seems like a good choice.

I was also looking at their backpacks, but I am not sure if they have any big enough for my needs. I like backpacks because I don't feel weird carrying a small purse in addition to the bag like I might with a tote.

I'm really loving the customised Pliages that you can order on their site right now. Oh the colour choices!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->