Longchamp F/W 2019.20 New York

There’s something about MAS is that her aesthetic is visible from miles away.
This is a good show!
It’s Longchamp after all and their competition or goal is Coach right now so this is clever. It’s chic, accessible, understandable and even if it’s very Vuitton/MAS from 2014, it’s good enough for this kind of mass brand.

I don’t know much about their price point but if it’s similar to the bags and is in the contemporary market, it can be a real success.

The irony of Kendall being the face of the brand when in fact, this is very Kate Moss.

I’m really not ready for the return of platform shoes...

^ the problem with MAS is she has no vision by her own, she has been absorbed by NG completely and does not know to do anything else anymore.

Even what she suggests to brands (like Lacoste recently) are ideas from NG x LV. So all the time she is consulting for her brands, I have the impression she does not care about the brands.

Let's see how she styled the Tommy Hilfiger x Zendaya collection...

About this collection, much better than the first one. That's all.

Why do they show in New York ? This boggles my mind, unless they just want to expand their market over there
I like the collection, it's very wearable. And it indeed resembles LV. Is Longchamp owned by LVMH ?

Why do they show in New York ? This boggles my mind, unless they just want to expand their market over there
I like the collection, it's very wearable. And it indeed resembles LV. Is Longchamp owned by LVMH ?
They show in NYC to have a real commercial credibility and also to have big exposure and a kind of « fashion credibility » in a way.
Longchamp in France is not really aspirational but if it works in the US, it may have an impact in France.
And I suppose they wants to be at Barney’s, Bergdorf and things like that.

It’s a bit like what Coach did when they came to London. It was for the cool factor and fashion credibility. Once the commercial success came, they went back to the US.

There are many examples like that: Burberry pre 2010, Lacoste...etc.

This is Vuitton on a budget...if you cannot afford Vuitton and you want to, you can always buy cheap knock-offs at Zara, H&M, Mango...so I don´t get the point of Longchamp´s strategy, trying to become the poor man´s version of Vuitton; while being more expensive than their fast-fashion counterparts.

They show in NYC to have a real commercial credibility and also to have big exposure and a kind of « fashion credibility » in a way.
Longchamp in France is not really aspirational but if it works in the US, it may have an impact in France.
And I suppose they wants to be at Barney’s, Bergdorf and things like that.

It’s a bit like what Coach did when they came to London. It was for the cool factor and fashion credibility. Once the commercial success came, they went back to the US.

There are many examples like that: Burberry pre 2010, Lacoste...etc.

That makes sense and any European brand has a chic factor in the US whereas in Europe, there would just be regular.
I remember living in Arizona and my American friends thought Stella Artois (the beer) was fancy whereas in France & Belgium it's considered normal.
I wonder why Sandro or APC never did a runway show in NY. They did presentations in Paris but they would benefit from showing in NY for sure

LV meets Saint Laurent and Zadig & Voltaire. I can't even be mad at the collection, it serves its purpose towards its target.
We need to accept it, NYFW is more pragmatic and oriented towards commerce than any other conceptual or snob European city.

A bit of Etro, a bit of Missoni, logomania Fendi-style, and there you go. Nonevent. But they'll employ an Instamodel and star stylist, and the masses will lap it up.
For their price-point, this kind of plagiarism is insulting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->