Lonneke Engel

cestmagique said:
I definitely like Lonneke more, Megan looks really arrogant to me somehow! Lonneke seems more original a beauty to me.

Huh? Sorry, but I'm a HUGE Megan fan and I don't see that in her pictures-- at all! :P Not to mention, she seems so cute and sweet and teenagerish in all her vids...

I'm sorry but-- got any particular pictures that you think shows that?

funnyfan said:
She's BACK, at least for Fall 2005!

OMG, is she ?!?!!!!!
That's so so good. Hope it's for more than one season. I think Lonneke is one of those truesupermodels, one of those few, who really have that something, not in the looks only, but that something that comes from within and makes tham so adorable. I hope she will have a long career in the biz and will be around for as long as she has been already.

HAPPY ! HAPPY ! HAPPY !

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, does anyone know what happened with Pauline's Model Management ? I know their New York office is no longer there. Are they out of business completely ? And what about their Paris branch ?

Hope that Lonneke will be content at IMG and that they will boost her career even more.

Esprit F/W 05 Campaign

Not one of her better shots :ermm:

lonneke6jv.jpg

[scanned by me]

funnyfan said:
Huh? Sorry, but I'm a HUGE Megan fan and I don't see that in her pictures-- at all! :P Not to mention, she seems so cute and sweet and teenagerish in all her vids...

I'm sorry but-- got any particular pictures that you think shows that?

That's your opinion, and I've stated mine. :smile: but I'll clarify: Everyone has, at least once, attributed a personality trait to someone based upon their looks, and not their behaviors. For example, we may say someone looks wise, innocent, etc., whether their character reflects it or not. For whatever reason Megan gives me a snobbish vibe. I'm not in any way saying she is snobby, obviously I don't know her and won't judge her character based on any 2 minute video on the internet :P. who knows why I get that impression, maybe I've known someone who looks similar to her in the past who was a jerk. ?...

Lonneke's Ralph Lauren work surely eclipsed Megan Ewing's Guess work. Despite some visual similarities I think most would agree that Lonneke took things to a higher level.

I would agree, yep. :flower:

an editorial from July 2003 Elle:

fallflourishes_bwgb01.JPG

fallflourishes_bwgb02.JPG

fallflourishes_bwgb03.JPG

fallflourishes_bwgb04.JPG

fallflourishes_bwgb05.JPG

fallflourishes_bwgb06.JPG

fallflourishes_bwgb07.JPG

fallflourishes_bwgb08.JPG

from bwgreyscale.com

really old, but oh well; January 1999 Glamour.

lioulo01.JPG

lioulo02.JPG

lioulo03.JPG

lioulo04.JPG

lioulo05.JPG

lioulo06.JPG

lioulo07.JPG

bwgreyscale.com

thank you she is quite amazing [and very-under-rated]. my favorites are the ralph lauren palm beach style images incl. with filippa above, and the red shorts one, and the whole series of ralph ads with gingham prints whether bikini or blouses. It would be nice to see an archive of all her ralph ads especially the swimwear.

cestmagique said:
That's your opinion, and I've stated mine. :smile: but I'll clarify: Everyone has, at least once, attributed a personality trait to someone based upon their looks, and not their behaviors. For example, we may say someone looks wise, innocent, etc., whether their character reflects it or not. For whatever reason Megan gives me a snobbish vibe. I'm not in any way saying she is snobby, obviously I don't know her and won't judge her character based on any 2 minute video on the internet :P. who knows why I get that impression, maybe I've known someone who looks similar to her in the past who was a jerk. ?...

Ah, I getcha now. And I do the whole she-looks-like-a-b*tch-i-used-to-know thing with people too! Not a good habit what what can you do? B)

loafer_light said:
Lonneke's Ralph Lauren work surely eclipsed Megan Ewing's Guess work. Despite some visual similarities I think most would agree that Lonneke took things to a higher level.

I'd agree with this too... but I think it's due to circumstances as well as their looks. Megan's career took off far after Lonneke's did (Lonneke got her big break in the 90s, Megan in 2001), and Megan only modeled heavily for 2 years before she was sidelined due to personal reasons. So, you k'now... it's sad, but stuff happens.

What I want to know is... why DID Lonneke stop modeling for a couple of years anyway...? :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->