Look Up To Famous Designers...

versace

Reaction score
I was just wondering....

... i mainly look up to famous fashion designers like Tom Ford and Karl Lagerfeld and others of course.. but I don't look up to my local domestic designers in my country because they seem to not WOW me as much as European/American designers do.. is this bad???????????

No not at all I don't really admire the designers from my country either...I personaly find them a bit boring

I do not know where you guys live, But there must some great designers in your countries that have something about their work you like. maybe the ones that you may like are not as successful ,YET, as the big names we all know internationally. Just seems like you are lumping everyone into a big pile which seems wrong to me. Just my opinion. You would know better than me of course.

I personally can't stand American fashion (fashion from the country I live in). I prefer European fashion anyday......

Well I don't liek most american deisgners.

I fidn teh new york fashion desigenrs boring.

I think LA ( where I'm from ) has better designers taht are less exposed and more creative.

Originally posted by Spike413@May 18th, 2004 - 3:15 pm
I personally can't stand American fashion (fashion from the country I live in). I prefer European fashion anyday......
Same! I just wanted to give recognition to America.. that's all.. i prefer Italian designers if anything.. so like Versace and Armani.. but then there's a lot of Parisian designers as well that i like.. im from aus.. and i dont like ne of them!

I can agree american design is not all that exciting, but there are some pretty exciting designers here. Someone in a different post stated something about House of Deihl that was not to good, but I think they are pretty forward and they are getting mad exposure. There are many Advant Garde designers and other top notch designers and we all know the names. But the driving force here in terms of the clothing industry is
MONEY. I hate to say it but that is all there is here. It is not about creativity. Too bad for us.

I love NZ fashion designers, which is where I'm from, but I don't like Korean fashion designers, which is where I live. I find them not yet fully developed in their own style. I do believe thou that they will achieve their own style and not just rip off's of 'high fashion'... :blush:

No, it there is nothing wrong with that, that is just not something you like...American designers probably do not WOW you because most American designers design practical clothes (Michael Kors, Oscar de la Renta, Calvin Klein), I personally enjoy those designers (the ones I listed) along with Gucci, Versace, Chanel etc :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->