Looking For A Plain, Simple, Non-padded Bra

Discussion in 'Shop Till You Drop' started by As You Like It, Feb 14, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

I need a new bra or two. I simply detest the bras I have (Lily of France from Dillards). They have an itchy mesh over the underwires and they are so densely and stiffly padded that it is like wearing a false pair of boobs. I literally feel like I am following my tits around when wearing these bras, and it ruins the line of most of my clothes, which I made specifically with my 33B figure in mind (many blouses were fitted over an older bra that finally completely wore out last summer).

I made a couple of attempts at bra shopping recently, and just can't seem to find anything like what I want. My old bra that I really liked was from Hanes Her Way, and it was "lightly lined" and an underwire model, though I would be happy enough with a non-underwire bra. Support is not a big issue as my breasts are fairly small and not especially jiggly.

My main concern is that it not be padded (a thin layer of interfacing or batting is fine, to combat nipplage, but I don't want The Girls augemented by a stand-alone armour of unyeilding polyester fibrefill). Secondary concerns are smooth fabric finish with little or no trim.

I'm a really common size...34B (actually 33B, but I just put tucks in the band right in front of the fasteners) so that's not so much a problem. It is finding something simple and non-padded at a reasonable price that I am more interested in.

So, anyone have any great favorites?

2. fortezza

fortezza New Member

Last time I went bra shopping I saw a line of bras called (I could be wrong) Shape. They didn't have my size but my sister bought one and she says it's very comfortable.

3. xoxmisspinupxox

xoxmisspinupxox New Member

Many of the bras at La Senza fit that description perfectly.

4. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

in terms of price-no padding- (I'm with you-I don't have fake boobs and I think padded bras make me look like I do :yuk: )- I prefer a natural look...and easily available-I recommend Warner's. they are reasonable, good quality and fit well-you will have to find a style which works best for your figure.

My fave of the dept store brands... :flower:

5. Luna

Luna offline.

I always have a problem finding my cup size in lightly lined bras... the only place I could find any were at Victoria's secret. their Body by Victoria line.

6. Harvz88

Harvz88 New Member

I LOOOVE GapBody bras! Their panties don't fit me so well (I have a flat ass) but their bras are fantastic! The smooth tshirt bra is my favorite, and is now only $29(US)

Also, their sports bra is the best I've ever owned, way better than any sports brand.

7. Episternum

Episternum New Member

I got a plain, unlined, full coverage bra from Victoria's Secret about a month ago. I picked it off a rack near the registers. I got mine in orange and it retailed for about $16.

8. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

Wow, thanks for all of the suggestions. I didn't used to like Victoria's Secret, due to overtrimming and over-padding, but maybe they have changed their stuff in recent years. I've never even looked at GAP Body, because I don't care for most of GAP's regular clothes, but if they have plain, simple bras in reasonable styles at affordable prices, I shall suck it up and check it out.

Now if I can prevent the Crazy Perfume Ambush Ladies from attacking me, it will all be good.

9. pavement

pavement New Member

I hate bras. :doh: Especially in summer. I seem to have several padded bras lying around though, which would futher aggitate the situation. Shopping for bras is such a hassle.

I just saw this bra in a VS ad, and it looks really comfortable. It also seems slimming. Has anyone ever tried it on? :blush: Or atleast tell me if I can find the same style from somewhere else.

(victoriassecret.com)

10. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

My mom does the no underwire, no padding thing... and she loves one of Victoria's Secrets new bras.. not sure which one it is... but they have on with no wire OR padding. :flower:

11. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

pavement....that vs bra looks like exactly what i am looking for!...
    thanks for posting!..

:flower:...

12. Erin

pavement - softgrey -

I have that VS bra. I'm a 34B... sometimes fluctuating to a 34C... and I don't like that bra. It doesn't have enough support. But if you have smaller busts. it's going to look fantastic. :)

13. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

I was just going to post that erin. To have a triangle bra like that, you really cannot be over a 34 or 36 B. possibly even smaller.

14. pavement

pavement New Member

Well that's no good then. I'm like a C cup. I hate bras more now. :doh:

15. masquerade

masquerade God Save McQueen

at victorias secret, they have all the bras in dressing room so you can just try them on and see what you like before looking on the floor. i dunno, i like the body and secret embrace ones. im not for frilly lace and too much padding either

16. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

i wear american apparel bras at the moment as i cannot bare stiff bras...

this is one of the styles i have. the other one which is even better is not up online
    (americanapparel.net)

17. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

here we go. this is the best bra so far!!! :woot:

pic.american apparel.net

18. Erin

^ I wish I could wear cute, little dainty bras like that. ;)

19. emiika

emiika New Member

Calvin Klein

20. emiika

emiika New Member