Loose Powder vs. Pressed Powder

TheSoCalledPrep

Reaction score
Yes, I probably should know this by now.

What is the difference between loose powder and pressed powder? Duh, I know that one is in a compact and one is loose.

I use pressed powder, but what are the differences in application and result with the two? What would you recommend?

:flower:

Loose powder is kept in a jar, and is applied with a brush for a more natural look. Pressed uses a sort of holding chemical, and translates as a more even look, and is usually applied with a pad. However a brush can be used as well.

The difference is that the loose tends to be more subtle. Whilst the pressed can turn out as not very natural.

loose powder is mostly used for setting the foundation. Loose powder on top of foundation looks more natural, less cakey, and is less likely to crease and cake up if applied with a large powder brush.

Pressed powder can be used throughout the day for touchups (shine, oil, etc.).

You can also use a pressed powder like a loose powder. Just swipe your powder brush over the surface of the pressed powder and then apply to your face.

loose powder and pressed powder are the same thing. same function, just in different form.
both used on top of foundation as a finishing step to set the makeup.
pressed powder can be applied using a puff, as well as a brush.
a pressed powder is actually loose powder made into a compact so that you can carry it with you for touch ups (loose powder is definitely too messy to carry around)

also note that pressed powder is absolutely different than a powder foundation.
both in compact, but powder foundation is the same thing as a liquid foundation, just made into a compact for faster and easier application.

pressed/loose powders barely provide any coverage on their own since they work to set the foundation under and wear off easily when used only on top of moisturizer. powder foundation works just like other form of foundations.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"