Los Angeles Street Style

Haha, L.A. wouldn't be my kind of city... Although I was born and raised in Mexico and then moved to Chicago when I was 9, I now prefer the 4 season experience where as in L.A. and Mexico its always pretty much summer. I'll like to visit L.A. but not live there, i guess that if I could move to anywhere in the world I'd to NYC, Paris, or London.

^ But Chicago isn't too bad. :smile: I lived there for a couple of years, out of choice... it's really my type of city. Course, I'm a true Midwesterner. I'm definitely not in LA by choice. :innocent:

^ Well.. I would say that the majority of people in LA are a bit lazier on fashion.. hence, not having the "gorgeous" outfits, at least not out to shop in the more touristy areas. That's how I see it - if you're in a warm weather climate nearly year-round in the US, the overall style of that area is a bit more relaxed.

Not saying it's right, or that it's an excuse - but it's how I feel about LA and it's "style"

I think you're totally right. At the moment, LA is my top destination post-college, because I hate cold weather. I was talking about it with a classmate the other day, whom I consider incredibly stylish, and she said that she prefers cool/cold weather because it gives you more of an opportunity to dress (layers and accessories and such). When it's 105 degrees in the shade, of course you don't want to be decked out in lots of layers and metal jewelry; you have to be more practical. Given the pics I've seen here, I think Californians do what they can with what they've got, but at the end of the day, you can't really make an intricate outfits out of basics, and when it's hotter than sin, you don't want to wear much more than the basics.

What the f**k is this?! Sometimes I think the photographers purposely choose people wearing terrible outfits...just to scare people. Most of the outfits are just so dated and...kind of 2001.

I think Californians do what they can with what they've got, but at the end of the day, you can't really make an intricate outfits out of basics, and when it's hotter than sin, you don't want to wear much more than the basics.

Yup. :smile: It does get cooler here, but never wool coat cool, in my opinion... where may you be moving from?

Nice avatar of Anna, by the way. :wink:

^ I currently live on the coast of Virginia (Virginia Beach area), which is pretty humid itself these days even though we can get legitimately cold winters. I want to go into public relations, and even though fashion PR is concentrated in New York, I think I'd rather sacrifice the kind of PR I go into (entertainment over fashion) for the warmer weather. And even though it's not particularly popular on the forums, there is something about the beachy laid back style that I do find appealing. :blush:

^ Yes, there's something carefree about it....

If I had the $$$ for fabulous dresses, that's all I'd wear around here. :wink: But I'm from the Midwest, so I feel that I need to incorporate a variety of pieces into my wardrobe... shorts, skirts, etc. I am definitely not a true Californian, and therefore do not exhibit true California style.

Gah... yeah... just not getting into that...

I was at Union Station Sunday, though, and saw a gal wearing a fabulous floral romper and a long sweater... thought it looked awesome. She had her gorgeous hair down, and it was such a casual, yet fabulous, outfit. I had my large camera with me and was too slow - and shy - to take a photo. :wink:

I live in LA and it's clear that whoever is taking these street style photos doesn't know where to look.

Yeah it's nice, but I'm getting sick of this "trend"
"Hurr durr, lemme wear this crazy/unique necklace with this plain outfit so the craziness is contained"

Where do the photographers find these people!!!? Honestly i see better dressed girls at my school Santa Monica College everyday.

LA street style at the Melrose Trading Post

n8ljd.jpg

p0LNL.jpg

KLf9m.jpg

K1SHm.jpg

qYCsv.jpg

sGs99.jpg

Img source - VintageRedeux

melrose is the worse place to go hunting for street style. everyone there looks trashy, dirty and haggard. i absolutely find no styling inspiration on that st or anywhere in Hollywood. The style there has become worned out and repetitive to the max. Girls look like twins, men look like "wannabe" band boys. L.A. is a pretend city. So, everyone wants to be somebody.

agree! the styling of LA is very boring. And if you want some inspiration like this one go to TUMBLR. there are a lot of girld with that 'style'

melrose is the worse place to go hunting for street style. everyone there looks trashy, dirty and haggard. i absolutely find no styling inspiration on that st or anywhere in Hollywood. The style there has become worned out and repetitive to the max. Girls look like twins, men look like "wannabe" band boys. L.A. is a pretend city. So, everyone wants to be somebody.

Yeah... this style has never done anything for me. While living in Los Angeles I felt it to be somewhat UNinspiring to see this type of fashion.

AMEN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->