ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
From fashionwiredaily.com :heart:
L.A. Report: Louis Verdad
Edgy Parisian ladies

Monday, April 05, 2004

LOUIS VERDAD
THE LOOK: Madonna and Cate Blanchett—both Louis Verdad fans—may not have graced the front row at his fashion show on Friday, but that didn’t stop the Mexican-born designer from showing a collection full of his signature feminine looks that closed fashion week with lots of buzz and bang. The Parisian-themed runway boasted café tables and lampposts as models strutted by admirers in traditional ‘30s and ‘40s-inspired red-carpet gowns and hourglass-shaped suits. Makeup was dark, hair was darker, and the color palette was gloomy, consisting mostly of grays, browns, and blacks. Occasional green-and-blue checkered and navy polka-dotted pieces lightened the collection, as did the large red flowers on a few ensembles.

SEEN:
Michael Kors, a surprise guest, who promptly ran backstage after the show

Paula Abdul, carrying a white Celine Poublot bag

Angie Harmon, in all black, clutching her Louis Vuitton Suhali doctor’s bag, and sporting a large four-leaf clover-esque ring, next to Alexis Bledel, in carnation pink outfit

Jennifer Esposito, wearing large sparkly-hooped earrings

Jerry O’Connell, sitting very close to E!’s Giuliana DePandi

Louis is very tallented and instead of playing into cliches of elegance and sophistciation he dos them witha sens of funa nd casualness that has alot more adituded than msot desigenrs whod o this kind of look. :heart:

there was an electricity akin to julien macdonald...an irreverance...but i still felt like i could say those women were 'smarting' around in those clothes. a very unique mix of the sophisticated and the sexy. uncommon for an LA show i think.

the evening wear was much less convincing.

his stuff is pretty sexy!!

ive got a university interview for a degree in fashion coming up next week, and they're bound to ask me about designers, but i really didnt want to go into the really well known ones, i/e Versace, Gucci, etc etc ..

il probably give Louis a mention now :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->