Louis Vuitton A/Winter 2004 Paris

Well, I liked the fact that he used Lily Cole and Lisa Cant in his show... :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 8th, 2004 - 12:34 am
omg-lena :lol: :lol: i really love that scarf too!! from an editorial point of view...it's brilliant...that will be shot by every magazine next season...very clever and ironic...

i have to say...i do think this is my fave lv collection ever... ...i'm really looking forward to the rest... :heart:
he's really been taking the pis* with that scarf
at least i'm not the only one here that sees the irony hehehhe

* not that i would ever wear something like this myself...
but compared to the usual tacky LV monograms, this is brilliant

i'm seriously looking forward to see the shoes and those new bags
they seem surprisingly ok to me :ninja:

Originally posted by Lena+Mar 7th, 2004 - 4:40 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Mar 7th, 2004 - 4:40 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Mar 8th, 2004 - 12:34 am
omg-lena :lol: :lol: i really love that scarf too!! from an editorial point of view...it's brilliant...that will be shot by every magazine next season...very clever and ironic...

i have to say...i do think this is my fave lv collection ever... ...i'm really looking forward to the rest... :heart:
he's really been taking the pis* with that scarf
at least i'm not the only one here that sees the irony hehehhe

* not that i would ever wear something like this myself...
but compared to the usual tacky LV monograms, this is brilliant

i'm seriously looking forward to see the shoes and those new bags
they seem surprisingly ok to me :ninja: [/b][/quote]
yeah...i'm also glad i'm not theonly one...of course, i wouldn't wear it either, but it's fun for a shoot!!! :P

B)

i wouldn't wear it... but i bet that that scarf will be a HUGE seller. people love their labels... and their logos.

Originally posted by Alejandro@Mar 7th, 2004 - 6:08 pm
I would so wear that scarf :heart: :shock:
You'd make it look good, Ale ;D

this collection is looking good so far.
I really love these two coats :heart:
and I'd definitely wear that scarf :innocent:

post-19-1078684810.jpg
capt.par13603071626.france_fashion_par136.jpg

great choices miss purple,
i just see a (slight) robe-de-chambre note on the tartan coat,
but cut and details are amazing.. :heart:

overall I don't really like this collection, not too into the Scottish theme and all the plaids :unsure:

anyway, there are pieces that I like (other than the two coats I posted earlier :heart: :(

00220f.jpg
00300f.jpg

00320f.jpg
00410f.jpg

What's the bet that Ms. J-Lo will be donning that scarf in the weeks to come?

And that the LV imitation producers will be going into overdrive to make copies?

:woot: great choices misspurple, love those :heart:

the bags:

:huh: :ninja:

00020f.jpg
00070f.jpg

00060f.jpg
00100f.jpg

good thing that theses bags would save me some money after the splurge on the spring ones :lol:

:blink: those are REAL BAD,
dont ask me why.. but i was expecting something beautiful there :cry:

p.s. last one posted is almost cute but not for me to hold

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 8th, 2004 - 4:15 am

p.s. last one posted is almost cute but not for me to hold
haha, I see what you are saying.

it's kinda cute comparing to the other ones there.
but the more I look at it, the more I find it looking like a bad Vuitton fake :ninja:

the wwd LV review

Louis Vuitton: What is it they used to say girls were made of — sugar and spice and everything nice? Throw in tartans, bustles, a flourish or two pilfered from 18th-century portraits, others from naughty Japanese paintings, politely cleaned up, cute indie rocker Meg White of the White Stripes, and a soupçon of Rosemary Clooney in “White Christmas” — and oh, yes, import some impressive ice towers from the Ice Hotel in Sweden for atmosphere — and you start to get a handle on Marc Jacobs’ recipe for girlish wiles. He stirred it up delightfully in his collection for Louis Vuitton on Sunday.

It started when two members of his design team came back from a trip giddy with the lore of the Scottish Highlands. “Spring was so rich, and I wanted to take that idea somewhere else, especially the idea of dressing up for day,” Jacobs said before the show. The solution? A Highland romp spun the Marc way, “with some good old punk, some good old Goth and some good old glamour, almost a Tim Burton view of Scotland.”
To that end, he opened with a fitch-collared, full-skirted tartan blanket coat to knock your socks — er, your fur-trimmed booties — off. It was part of his dressed-up mood for day that featured a tweed suit veiled in black tulle, naughty black gloves with prim tailoring and a tiny fur stole or silver sequined cardigan giving the razzle-dazzle to plaid skirts — charmers all. And doesn’t just about everything look better punctuated with girlish black bows? In fact, Jacobs went all out with the trimmings — an ermine collar on a pink dress, snow-like embroidery edging a little white sweater, a big butterfly bow placed with odd strategy on the bum of a netted miniskirt.
If it all sounds like a bit of a jumble, it was. And there were awkward moments. Everygirl knickers are destined not to catch on, and a big, bustled-up tartan swooshed with that special je ne sais quoi of a Seventies mom at the Christmas party. But then, a certain awkwardness is inherent in Jacobs’ aesthetic; his is a world in which the divide between cool girl and wallflower isn’t so wide, and both are welcomed at his fashion party.

the bags are :sick: ... but I am sure they will be a hit no matter the price tag
:innocent:

the clothing is quite nice, not my favorite though

the shoes are great...very similar to Marcs own brand though

love the shape of those shoes but not the stripe effect

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"