Louis Vuitton Cruise 2019 : Alicia Vikander by Craig McDean

on the thumbnail I thought she was Natalie Portman...
boring, lifeless, photoshop fail...

Is she even like...doing anything relevant for LV to promote her? I thought her Tomb Raider film flopped.

Whatever at the end of the day it's just another mediocre exercise in image making.

God she is so stiff when being photographed. What's with the indifferent expression and pose in the first shot?

I love Pajama Chic just as much as the next fashionista but this is taking it too far! :lol:

LMAO. I'm obsessed with it, but I agree with you.

It's somewhat ironic that the brands throwing the most amount of money at they spokespersons happens to be front by the dullest, at least in print. How profitable is Alicia Vikander. Are there really that many women who regard her as aspirational? That would be an interesting market study. Add Jennifer Lawrence to the list as well.

The images are a non-event. Like something really lame, filler edit for Glamour or the like, set against some seaside rocks which could be anywhere in the world. The real tragedy would be if the team had to travel to deliver this! Wonder who's the photographer?

It's somewhat ironic that the brands throwing the most amount of money at they spokespersons happens to be front by the dullest, at least in print. How profitable is Alicia Vikander. Are there really that many women who regard her as aspirational? That would be an interesting market study. Add Jennifer Lawrence to the list as well.

Isn't it interesting how this trend of getting the hottest celebrity of the moment who isn't into fashion at all but got into it for the money seems to be already waning? I bet once Jennifer, Alicia and Emma's contracts are up they won't be renewed for either brand because I truly doubt the strategy worked out as well as brands had hoped it would.

As for this campaign, dull as a dishwasher. Nothing more to say.

The word "dry" comes to mind when I look at this. Every time I see an ad with Jennifer, Alicia or Emma I can't get over how bland it looks.
The one I really liked was Michelle Williams in 2013/2014 - her deep red lipstick and amazing hair were everything. She gave so many women hair envy with those ads.

I mean...
I like it more than the FW 18 ad...

But thats not saying anything.

Still don't understand how/why anyone ever thought to have her model for anything.

I’m really interested in how this ambassador strategy works for Vuitton. I know there are Nicolas devotee like Marina Fois and all who wears his clothes in her movies, in real life and promo...But is Alicia that relevant to be in campaigns.

Jennifer Lawrence offers a big visibility to Dior, the same for Kristen Stewart for Chanel. They are well known but at the same time, those contracts gives them the freedom to chose more interesting roles and all.

Alicia’s last movie wasn’t really a big hit and she is not viewed as a fashion icon... So what’s the point.

There’s nothing genuine between this collaboration. Just like the Lawrence/Raf Simons one.

Chanel/Lagerfeld tend to pick their ambassadors much better I think. Audrey Tautou, Keira Knightly, Kristen Stewart, Marine Vatch, Astrid Berges-Frisbey, Anna Mouglalis... They all seem to fit the brand very well and have a spark. With the exception of Lily-Rose Depp - but I doubt they'd have spontaneously chosen her if it wasn't for her mum.
With Dior and LV their choices seem more random. They picked Lawrence because she's the biggest young actress but she's the opposite of fashion and glamour for me (I still remember her saying in an interview that she never washes her hands after using the toilets - I find her tendency to overshare to be relatable off-putting, although she has been more reserved lately).
Even Selena Gomez with LV was very random and very "let's target the millennials".
As for Alicia, she was supposed to be the next big thing but it hasn't happened (yet), and although she's very pretty, her ads tend to be lifeless.
I'm not sure who I'd replace them with though.

I think Amy Adams or Julianne Moore would be a better LV brand ambassador-- they both would make for more interesting photographs and both have a sense of Nicolas' type of woman. Alicia is random.

Isn't it interesting how this trend of getting the hottest celebrity of the moment who isn't into fashion at all but got into it for the money seems to be already waning? I bet once Jennifer, Alicia and Emma's contracts are up they won't be renewed for either brand because I truly doubt the strategy worked out as well as brands had hoped it would.
Why would you bet against Jennifer Lawrence x Dior when she's had her contract renewed for the past six years and has just been signed as the face of their new fragrance?? I haven't logged into this site in years but I find it interesting how TFS's perceives the Lawrence/Dior relationship as something that ~must~ be hurting their sales, when actually Dior's revenue is up 6% because of her Joy perfume, and research data recently revealed that Jennifer Lawrence was one of the only under-30 celebrities whose campaigns score well in consumer trust and authenticity, due to having a good reputation where “she does not present meaningful risk to the brand and has high resonance with Dior’s customers.”

Sometimes the bubble of TFS does not accurately represent the general consensus of public opinion. Just saying. There is so much to indicate that Lawrence - and I'm sure other actresses looked down upon by the TFS audience for getting contract renewals despite not being "glamourous" enough - keeps getting her contract renewed because she makes Dior money. But still y'all want to insist they're not profitable.... ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->