Louis Vuitton Cruise 2022 Paris

I can't say he didn't have some good ideas for Vuitton, but most of his Vuitton collections the way he executed those ideas are being intentionally ugly for the sake of standing out as one of the most expensive brands. Considering the state of fashion nowaday, I actually don't mind it even though I don't particularly like his Vuitton.

I really like this. A stunning collection of amazing outerwear but questionable dresses and mediocre shoes and bags.

the coats and jackets are stunning I'll wear them in a heartbeat. The prints, the details and the shapes is just so fresh and sharp.

I'm not too thrilled about those Balenciaga Fall 2006 inspired dresses. Somehow the Balenciaga one is still look more desirable than these. And those fringes cargo pants are definitely a no.

The big chains accessories are too OFF-WHITE for me. The bags are really weak this season. Last season bags have more fun. And MAS need to chill because she ruin what could be a great look with those boots.

I just love the fact that despite being the most commercial brand out of LVMH, LV always allow their designers to express their creativity freely without any restraint. They let the marketing team do the selling. That like every designers dream job.

I like this and also, Nicolas’ clothes always look better in motion

I dont care for what he is doing anymore, and this collection proofs again why. there are nice pieces here and there, as always.

But my eyes are loosing interest while looking at this so quickly. I missing a strong red line.

I mean he has developed his own LV by Ghesquiere aesthtethics for sure.
But every collection kind of looks the same and as if he is still trying to define and still reasearching, finding his voice there. I feel his LV is never on point, like it was at Balenciaga. His Balenciaga was always so clear and on point.
Sorry, I know some of you are tired about the constant whining about his past Balenciaga days :D

Unfortunately, I think MAS should be replaced at Vuitton ASAP because her styling is such a disservice to the brand. This time it's just too heavy to be digestible. The outerwear and the tailoring are the strongest parts of this show, the rest shouldn't have been presented. Must say, I'm really disappointed because the FW21 collection was rather good and this one is awkward in a bad way. To be honest, right now I'm kind of fed up with this idea of Nicolas at Louis Vuitton, his first collections were promising and now we have this.

The styling, as usual, ruins this collection for me. There are some stunning jackets and coats further on in the collection (the cropped jacket on top of the green skirt is uber cute!) but the overall looks are so heavy.

If anyone can do overwrought and ugly skillfully and still have it look expensive— it's his Vuitton. And I mean that in the most flattering manner (… even if it’s still ugly and overwrought). The lessers well undoubtedly copy all of this cuz ugly is in, but they’ll do it all wrong and end up looking cheap, dumpy and frumpy.

His coats are always the strongest, even in all their most overwrought and ugliness. And this time, with the Venice Beach babe prints and motorcycle chick details that is going to trailblazer with Ocean Pacific Couture, the lessers will be all over this (and get it all wrong…).

The only unintentional misfire is that some of the cast are so frightfully pedestrian-looking. I get the no-MU, but then cast girls that can pull off no makeup and still look like a model. Sheesh.

I actually think that there are some sensational looks/pieces here. However, the styling really gets messy in the second half of the collection, like they gave up or couldn't even be bothered anymore.

I like it in the cute sense of the word.
It’s a tone down, more streamlined version of the FW collection with always some references to his earlier days at Vuitton and his work at Balenciaga.
There’s much more clarity in a sense that you spot the pieces and because Resort is the season that sits the longest in the shops, there’s like an extensive selection of clothes.

Ultimately, the clothes are beautiful, the bags are good but the shoes are terrible. The video was quite boring tho. I was waiting for that climax and it never happened…

I really like Vuitton by NG. I think as a whole and since 2014, his progression and his approach to commercial success has been interesting. He has never lost the edge but while his earlier collections were very silhouettes oriented, with a strong vision and a clear statement, he has been for quite some time now into something more risky that (it’s ironic) feels less commercial but remains very commercial.

And tbh, even if I’m annoyed with the 80´s and the pile of stuff approach to styling, his Vuitton is audacious. He could totally do something commercial and digestible a la MGC, Virginie, Hedi…(the list is so long) but he understand that this is not his job.

What I love more than that is that there’s a clientele for that!

The most frustrating thing about his time at Vuitton will always be the campaigns and the marketing all around his work. I want something as audacious as the clothes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->