Louis Vuitton F/W 10.11 Paris

BAAAAGGGGSSSSS ♥♥♥♥♥♥
but the clothes? ewwwww.
they lack of life, imo.

as much as i like some pieces there. I am very confused by the whole collection. I don't really get the idea there.

What irks me isn't even the fact that it is retro, to each his own and all that, but it is insulting to the concept of retro in the lack of tailoring. The real 1950s waists are shaped and sculpted, look at a real vintage 50s piece or a McQueen "retro" collection with hour-glass outfits to see how it should be done, i.e. with Saville Row skills.

Oh well, but who cares, it's the bags that's the bread and butter.

Last edited by a moderator:
what's the Louis Vuitton woman, may I ask ???
She is never the same season after season ...
What's the guideline - apart from the bags and the hype ?

Literally, exactly what I said at Stella McCartney and what I'm thinking about when I see this and compare it to spring/summer.
There is, of course, the shapes and silhouettes that Marc Jacobs used at his own show, but he used a much more beautiful palette and quirkier styling, etc.
This just seems repetetive and dull.
I might like the leather coat and jacket.

good grief~cleavage galore :innocent:
i kind of like it. im not really a fan of the 50s but i can appreciate that hes done something totally left field. i thought that leather? dress was nice and the dress on lara got my attention (lol for other reasons non relating to lara herself) but i think this was a nice calming collection. you dont always need to be a super trendsetter or have some funky designs. sometimes you just want people to dress nice.
on a sidenote...why must those bows flap? that is so distracting

To me, what makes this collection so special, is the fact that its cuts and presentation embrace the ideal of a woman that had been démodé for such a very long time now.

The pieces are as simple as they are pretty and they cover up. Unlike the endless studded leather mindresses we got for seasons now. Yet it's not matronly at all, thanks to the corsets and the dropped necklines. This is not another ode to the eighties teenage partygirl, thank the lord it's not. I was so tired of all the shiny leather and cut-outs.

This is why it is so innovative in its retroness. It declares that something is chic that hasn't been for much too long now.

love the bags; incredible recreation of the monogram. bootleggers take that! you wont catch these bags on canal street!

The collection is nice but the bags are great. I feel a few new "it" bags being born...

I like this bags without monogram - simly amazing bags! Can`t wait to see them with my own eyes!

i like the bags, they are a take on the classic speedy with just an added flap
the first few bags that are just plain crocodile skin are absolutely gorgeous IMHO, but the mix of the monogramed fabric and ostrich skin looks plain awful
the more simpler bags are the statements for me, i don't mind the clothes, i just don't see who the LV woman is, season after season her DNA changes, a normal woman doesn't change her style every season so i don't see its relevance in the need to change her every season, i did anticipate this kind of collection after his new york show
my favorite pieces are the oversized jackets with a cinched in waist and full skirt's to match
i liked the fact he used certain model's, which i think was down to Katie Grand because she also styles Giles, who also used a number of those girl's

It seems that the unofficial inspiration for this collection was Dior's New Look of 1947. :unsure:
Anyway, this collection is not to my liking.

To me, what makes this collection so special, is the fact that its cuts and presentation embrace the ideal of a woman that had been démodé for such a very long time now.

The pieces are as simple as they are pretty and they cover up. Unlike the endless studded leather mindresses we got for seasons now. Yet it's not matronly at all, thanks to the corsets and the dropped necklines. This is not another ode to the eighties teenage partygirl, thank the lord it's not. I was so tired of all the shiny leather and cut-outs.

This is why it is so innovative in its retroness. It declares that something is chic that hasn't been for much too long now.

Well to be fair, it has become a major thing this season so he isn't alone in bringing that shape and feel back to the runway. I feel it's more nostalgic than other collections we've seen the late 40's and fifties shapes in so I like that. But if you want an innovative take on this period (I hate to bring it up) then I would suggest Prada.
Nonetheless, I think it's a great collection.

i love it..simple, tasteful, a nod to MJ, but totally wearable without being boring

after last seasons american apparel goes high fashion mess, i knew it would be step up, however small. i'm a sucker for anything ladylike and feminized, so i do really like some of the pieces. the gowns arent really doing anything for me though. especially the one on stam, the train looks like a trash bag. marc is so hit and miss to me, i never have really high expectations so that also might factor into my liking this.

Well to be fair, it has become a major thing this season so he isn't alone in bringing that shape and feel back to the runway. I feel it's more nostalgic than other collections we've seen the late 40's and fifties shapes in so I like that. But if you want an innovative take on this period (I hate to bring it up) then I would suggest Prada.
Nonetheless, I think it's a great collection.

You're right, Prada had a very, very similiar spirit this season and I agree that she was more excentric and innovative with her interpretation when it comes to the clothes, yet I feel Marc took the presentation to another level. His clothes are prettier, still more conservative, but the look he presented, using quite many of the same girls that had been at Prada, with the make-up and the presentation, was much more determined.

Prada created the illusion of breasts on many very young girls through ruffles on the bust. One look at that and I tell you that a woman with a nice size C-D bust will look ridiculous in one of these dresses. At Louis Vuitton there were clothes that would compliment a feminine shape, rather then building one.

I feel like the make-up and the styling of the show was less gimmicky and much more like a real woman.

This is really beautiful, and reminds me of some of his older work for Vuitton. It's not the most exciting or creative collection this season, and I don't think it's Marc's best for LV, but it's good.

^ I completely echo this sentiment. The clothes are feminine, simple and classic. I love how the silhouette of the skirt is slightly 'pronounced'....well it's nearing on very wide and dramatic but it still works in a conservative, feminine context. Also the silhouettes of the jackets and the bow-tie shoes :heart:. I love his usage of plaids, as usually they make me want to vomit, but here they work well in moderation and paired with a feminine silhouette and long opera gloves.

Marc has been the one ray of hope this season IMO...how ironic?

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with many of the commentors above. Lack of originality is not too big of a deal for me if a collection is classy and elegant. IMO, this collection doesn't have the touch of elegance, nor is it very original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->