Louis Vuitton F/W 14.15 by Annie Leibovitz, Juergen Teller & Bruce Weber

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
THREE AMIGOS: Louis Vuitton’s push to even higher echelons of luxury includes three marquee photographers for Nicolas Ghesquière’s debut fashion campaign. The fall spots are slated to break in an array of August magazines, starting July 3 in the U.K.

Bruce Weber, Annie Leibovitz and Juergen Teller aimed their cameras at what Vuitton characterized as four “contemporary heroines” — actress Charlotte Gainsbourg and models Liya Kebede, Freja Beha Erichsen and Jean Campbell — plus a low-slung silver Maserati concept car as a prop in the Teller spots.

WWD first reported on May 14 key details of the campaign, including the names of the photographers and subjects, all of them familiar to Ghesquière’s universe.

Dubbed “Series 1,” the campaign is touted as a mold-breaking collaboration that crosses over into the realm of art — a “curated” selection of images inspired by Ghesquière’s debut fall collection.

According to Vuitton, Ghesquière gave each of these “giants” free reign to interpret the collection with their unique visual signature — which is to be heightened by the way the various images are combined to form a “fashion gallery.”

Weber, Leibovitz and Teller, shooting respectively in Miami, New York and Venice, also contributed a one-minute video for Vuitton’s Web site as well as social media.

The company declined to pinpoint budgets, but noted the print campaign would often appear in gatefold and consecutive spread configurations, in addition to single pages.

Previously, Steven Meisel had lensed Vuitton’s fashion spots under Marc Jacobs, who stepped down as creative director last year to focus on his signature brand and prepare the company for a possible public offering.
wwd.com

yes! finally!:woot: i've been so waiting for this and the result doesn't disappoint, just amazing!
loving all the pictures posted so far and they actually look like part of one campagin which was a big concern for me since they were using three diffrent photographers..
can't wait for more! so exciting!:clap:

Nice campaign, i can't believe than Nicolas used 3 different photographers.

Good concept ,good styling i think is fresh see some diferent things in a campaing

The whole multi-photographer thing is a little gimmicky, however the last two images are wonderful. I have a problem with Annie's image but that may just stream from my dislike of her style and blatant overuse of photoshop.

Very nice, i'm loving each image but that shot with Freja and the one with Kirstin are spectacular. Can't wait to see more.

It's really hard not to look at the Juergen Teller shot and think of Céline tbh. That being said I like the campaign, it feels modern yet retrospective and looks less stuffy and over-stylised to Marks work.

I could cry this is AMAZING!! Ugh! My eyes have been starving for this for ages!

# photographers, All gorgeous images...ugh this made my morning

That's probably going to be an unpopular opinion but, I'm not sure how I feel about this...

I feel like it's a bit lacking so far, and would make a super cool editorial (Freja's shot is fantastic) but not an actual campaign -- only Charlotte's shot is selling me something here... Looking forward to seeing more.

Two More:

Bq98GGpIMAAD-Bs.png:large

instagram.com/ghesquiereofficial

Bq98GSKIUAAG81_.png:large

instagram.com/lauracraik

That's probably going to be an unpopular opinion but, I'm not sure how I feel about this...

I feel like it's a bit lacking so far, and would make a super cool editorial (Freja's shot is fantastic) but not an actual campaign

Don't worry I agree with you completely.

That shot of Kirstin (who I'm so so happy to see) is giving me life though. Wish the whole campaign looked like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although limp posing from Jean, The composition of Bruce's first pic is the strongest for me. its very cinematic.

Annie's Video:

style.com

Naturally, we expected big things from Nicolas’ Ghesquière’s first Louis Vuitton campaign. And as is so often the case, the designer did not disappoint. Ghesquière enlisted not one, not two, but three iconic photographers, including Annie Leibovitz, Bruce Weber, and Juergen Teller (who, if you’ll remember, also lensed Vuitton’s Fall and Resort lookbooks) to shoot his Fall ’14 ads, which he dubbed “Series 1.” The snaps star Charlotte Gainsbourg (Ghesquière’s longtime muse), Liya Kedebe, Freja Beha Erichsen (the Fall ’14 show opener), and Jean Campbell.

The three photographers were given a brief of “classic beauty meeting creative innovation.” Though each approached the task in his or her own way, the images work together to build a fluid, cohesive story. Debuting exclusively here is a behind-the-scenes film of Gainsbourg’s shoot with Leibovitz, set to the tunes of the model’s own music. The short illustrates not only the essence of the collection, but the wearability of Ghesquiere’s first garments for the house. And who better to showcase Ghesquiere’s modern French clothes than a quintessentially French femme like Gainsbourg? Have a look at the chanteuse posing in Vuitton’s Fall ’14 wares, above.
style.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->