Louis Vuitton F/W 2016.17 by Bruce Weber

Looking like a stuffed animal with that gigantic fur and leather.

Is this supposed to be luxury? No.

Why is the old thread gone? :rolleyes:

Wondering the same? Odd considering the first image was a big multi-girl shot w Sora, Rianne, Erika Linder, Selena and Natalie. :mellow:

Kids line? She looks 10/11/12 years old.

Why is she still famous? I have no idea what she is doing the last years ...

Last edited by a moderator:
[

Kids line? She looks 10/11/12 years old.

Why is she still famous? I have no idea what she is doing the last years ...

For been walking about her relationship with Justin Bieber over for these days & i remember, she releases her new album.

I don't even have a problem with Selena in Vuitton or being in the campaign....I just hate that the images are so basic and uninspired. LV = TRAVEL! Let's photograph her getting on a plane! Wow! Fashion! You continue to amaze me these days...

I'm sorry but gives me more emotion than Kendall and Lineisy...
The first shot is good but i'm kinda bored with the overexposure of Louis Vuitton by Ghesquiere.
I feel like i've seen those clothes too many already and they have been styled the same everytime.

Selena is actually believable as a Ghesquiere-Vuitton girl in this ad. It looks like Nicolas had her as a type of girl for that collection (with Donna Bae maybe)...More than Lea & Alicia at least.

I'm sorry but gives me more emotion than Kendall and Lineisy...
The first shot is good but i'm kinda bored with the overexposure of Louis Vuitton by Ghesquiere.
I feel like i've seen those clothes too many already and they have been styled the same everytime.

Selena is actually believable as a Ghesquiere-Vuitton girl in this ad. It looks like Nicolas had her as a type of girl for that collection (with Donna Bae maybe)...More than Lea & Alicia at least.

I agree with you here, Lola. Maybe she should make Marie Amélie her personal stylist. She's much more believable here, and in Vogue Brazil, than on the red carpet. Hate the first image, adore the second one, but the one which got deleted (mg in a studio) is still my favourite. I see the last shot got 1.8mil likes????? Jesus!!

I think we must face the facts re Nicolas and overexposure. This is LV, after all. It was set out to be overexposed from the word go. As soon as I read that 'he plans on designing clothes which the average woman could actually wear' I felt his mustique at Balenciaga would be done for. Thing is, the brand feels more exposed than the era of Marc and all those celebrities by Leibovitz. Of course that was in a different time, but still.
In a way this aggressive marketing seems to be working. I've been forced to regard the clothing despite not liking the first few collections, and the style is actually beginning to grow on me. It's just so wearable, but not in a Michael Kors kind of way. Can you imagine what it would be like for the target customer? We should sometimes bear in mind that the fashion experience for us vs the person on the street differs vastly. We are privy to far more details to form a decisive opinion without even having the item in our hands, and it can be both a gift and a curse.

No no no this is bad. The picture posted in the old thread with Selena & models was so much better !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->