Louis Vuitton F/W 2016.17 by Bruce Weber

Meisel could have made this work, even with Selena and Jean. Weber made it look like a Harpers Bazaar Feature.

This is really the best they could do? Beyond disappointing, it's so boring and last season was much better. Also can't believe he used Selena, absolutely not a fan and she just completely ruins this for me.

With that all said I am glad to see Léa, Sora, Jean and Rianne.

Rianne's solo is really nice and the group shot is dynamic and the models are great, but for a LV ad I expect more. Not a white studio background.

Rianne is stunning, as usual. Really happy for Sora and Luisana, they look so good :woot: but I wish it was a bit more creative.

It looks like a catalogue. The white background doesn't flatter the clothes at all.

imo Weber is wasted on this campaign. it's not really his style. we need some M&M to infuse some magic into Ghesquiere's Vuitton.

Does anyone know if there are other photographers involved?

I just looked through some of the past post-show look books, and they are much more captivating. The new one for Cruise with Karim Sadli is great.

^ Really? M&M? Please no.

This needs MEISEL.

Agreed about M&M.....vastly overrated. And judging by their current campaigns, I doubt they'll bring anything new to the table.

My fancy tickles more towards Jamie Hawkesworth or Annemarieke van Drimmelen. Their type of photography would amplify LV's aesthetic, although they're probably not mainstream enough for this brand.

I'm really impressed by Selena! She is giving us face and attitude + she is selling that bag.

All the girls including Rianne look awful here and Selena Gomez is the last straw.

Oh, the old thread got deleted? So I guess that's why I was no longer receiving notifications.
I might be in the minority, but I love it. I think the clothes really stand out and Selena complements with the others pretty well so I'm not complaining. I love the dynamic and the composition of the girls. This new outdoor shots looks great, too.

WHAT THE F*** IS THIS? :sick: Is Ghesquière being serious or just TROLLING us? What is doing that child here? She's even worse than Kendall!

That first shot... :shock: Gosh, I really can't with this. What an eyesore.

Not mad about the last shot! Weber's fascination with airports are getting a bit annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->