Louis Vuitton Mens F/W 2019 Paris

Just seen Vetements and no doubt, this is highly superior.

Some nice pieces but all I see is referenced pieces. I mean, the Raf spirit is still in the LVMH building.

I'm not gonna comment about the clothes because it's a complete non-event for me. I've seen all these tricks before.
But what I want to say is thank god we got Rick the same day. THAT'S A DESIGNER WHO LOVES DESIGNING CLOTHES. you can see the difference in a few seconds. Rick is a designer, Virgil is a wannabe with connections. That's all.

I really liked this, its glam its louche

No offence, but Kim Jones LV collection is way better .
I understand he has the pop effect and star quality and he is the rising star of the new generation. He understand the new rules of fashion, but he needs something more for going a long way

Maybe it was his team or maybe it him...but regardless, it is a MASSIVE step up from his debut collection. I can't believe I'm saying this but there are some great, elegant, luxurious pieces in this collection plus some fun prints. There's nothing OVERLY original about it but it's still pretty good.

No.

Virgil’s mediocrity and unoriginality is not something something to be celebrating. The bar is too low at this point. I’m not gonna play along and “praise.”

I thought it was pretty clear that I wasn't talking about his designs or him as a designer, but the specific point that his castings are beautifully rich in racial diversity and the positive, unapologetic celebration of blackness and black culture in the concept of the show, especially coming in the platform of a luxury brand like Vuitton. These things have great cultural impact and contribute to positive, needed, changes in the fashion industry and maybe even society at large. I think that's something quite easily to acknowledge, regardless on the personal opinion about the clothes. But if you have a problem with that then, well...

Pyer Moss called him out on Instagram for heavily referencing his collection. Quite sad

It's ham and douche? Yeah, I agree.

I can understand if someone not liking a collection but being salty for no reason you have no arguments. The reality on the ground is most urban youth/street culture today is heavily influenced by hip hop culture, I think he has done a great job translating those ideas in a more formal way.

The ONU thing was very Miguel Adrover and the pleated skirts worn with skirts reminded me of Chitose Abi. Some cool looks but Lola got it right, this is a show of half baked construction which has always been Virgil's thing.

Well at least we know that Virgil understands that LV is a house rooted in travel... because he definitely did some traveling to other designers' archives as inspiration for this watered down, amateur mess.

Well said! :clap:
such a mess .
I think there are many guys who would like to wear VA LV creations but i'm not sure that they can afford LV .
Rip off but same time some pieces are very good , probably did by his team.

It’s sort of depressing that everyone here hates him and thinks he’s totally untalented...

...yet, here we are discussing about him and his supposedly crap collection. Not to mention this is one of the five or four threads that was even created here, out of all the shows this season.

I guess that’s his power: he can spark reactions and discussion, ultimately making him the bestseller. And we contribute on that.

There was a debut menswear show at Loewe, for example. Or Raf, who we at least used to regard highly. I’d rather see a thread and discussion on these two in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->