Louis Vuitton Mens S/S 2019 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Fashionstuff, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Fashionstuff

Fashionstuff http://fashionworldstuff.

Photos : vogue.com

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      96.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      116.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      92.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      96.3 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      100 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      96.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      88.5 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      84.8 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      94.2 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      100.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Fashionstuff

photos source : vogue.com

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      100.7 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      97.4 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      94.3 KB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      104.5 KB
      Views:
    • 15.jpg
      15.jpg
      File size:
      93.3 KB
      Views:
    • 16.jpg
      16.jpg
      File size:
      87.2 KB
      Views:
    • 17.jpg
      17.jpg
      File size:
      94.6 KB
      Views:
    • 18.jpg
      18.jpg
      File size:
      109.5 KB
      Views:
    • 19.jpg
      19.jpg
      File size:
      103.2 KB
      Views:
    • 20.jpg
      20.jpg
      File size:
      95.9 KB
      Views:
  3. Fashionstuff

images source : vogue.com

Attached Files:

• 21.jpg
      21.jpg
      File size:
      99.8 KB
      Views:
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      115.4 KB
      Views:
    • 23.jpg
      23.jpg
      File size:
      93.5 KB
      Views:
    • 24.jpg
      24.jpg
      File size:
      128 KB
      Views:
    • 25.jpg
      25.jpg
      File size:
      110.5 KB
      Views:
    • 26.jpg
      26.jpg
      File size:
      102.3 KB
      Views:
    • 27.jpg
      27.jpg
      File size:
      116.7 KB
      Views:
    • 28.jpg
      28.jpg
      File size:
      131.7 KB
      Views:
    • 29.jpg
      29.jpg
      File size:
      126.4 KB
      Views:
    • 30.jpg
      30.jpg
      File size:
      102.9 KB
      Views:
  4. Fashionstuff

photos source : vogue.com

Attached Files:

• 41.jpg
      41.jpg
      File size:
      110.9 KB
      Views:
    • 42.jpg
      42.jpg
      File size:
      110.6 KB
      Views:
    • 43.jpg
      43.jpg
      File size:
      122.4 KB
      Views:
    • 44.jpg
      44.jpg
      File size:
      102 KB
      Views:
    • 45.jpg
      45.jpg
      File size:
      108.8 KB
      Views:
    • 46.jpg
      46.jpg
      File size:
      104.6 KB
      Views:
    • 47.jpg
      47.jpg
      File size:
      108.6 KB
      Views:
    • 48.jpg
      48.jpg
      File size:
      100.9 KB
      Views:
    • 49.jpg
      49.jpg
      File size:
      127 KB
      Views:
    • 50.jpg
      50.jpg
      File size:
      135.3 KB
      Views:
  5. RaisinBoy

RaisinBoy Active Member

This is not even a joke because jokes are supposed to be funny. This is just depressing. No single piece makes sense. There is no construction, no vision, nothing. Good luck selling these.

And lol @ the diversity of the cast.

6. Fashionstuff

Horrible.
    If this was his debut LV collection what he will offer in his second collection?

Off-topic:
    to discuss about collection must upload collection ,min. 4 photos , this is the forum rules.

7. Fashionstuff

:flower: :D

This cast is a bad joke or who did the casting?

8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Raf Simons, but diluted a thousand times over! This is just so brazenly lazy, there's literally nothing to see here. This collection looks very much like the ones way before menswear began to pick up steam. Nothing fresh, no message. And people gave Lapidus so much flak??? This one will emerge unscathed, I'm sure.

Never had great expectations to begin with, so...

9. TREVOFASHIONISTO

TREVOFASHIONISTO Well-Known Member

while the collection was nowhere near good, I appreciate the casting. Having a majority black cast (especially black models opening at the beginning in all white) was beautiful, and a lot of the musicians/personalities that were mixed in have been active in Virgil's life. I thought that was special.

Also the diversity was the best thing about this. Finally a show where the majority of models are models of color. I also loved that there were asian models, especially Indian ones. We rarely see that

perfect blue likes this.
  10. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Yes the diversity of the cast is nice (that is if you consider the models model-esque), but diversity doesn't make a collection nice.

Ugh! When will gimmicky fashion end, or at least these kind of Insta-designers gimmicks. So bad.

#10 Scotty, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Thefrenchy: Jun 21, 2018
  11. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Active Member

I really applaud the casting, but this is just beyond terrible. I think I'd appreciate it better if the clothes were just some staple items from Zara. At least then I can still find something to wear. But this?

He has cemented himself as the male equivalent to Maria Grazia Chiuri.

12. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Kanye West clapping when his own song came on perfectly sums up how I feel about the collection, or rather this entire appointment.

If I were pressed to say something positive, it would have to be about the cast. If anything, it busts the myth that the reason why large brands don't hire more people of color is because "there aren't that many of them".

13. magsaddict

magsaddict Active Member

all the good taste left with Kim, this is like a parody collection, it's just so predictably awful. The casting is the one good thing, and deserves praise, but casting can only do so much, and any designer should be worried when the best thing anyone can say about their collection is good cast.

14. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

Well, it's certainly what I expected it would look like - and certainly what they hired him for.*It's an upscale version of Off-White, in the same veins of Vetements/Balenciaga. To be honest I enjoyed way more than I expected. I really enjoyed the first half of the show, great colors. I was less convinced with the tie dye and utilitarian looks. The bags are nice too. It's gonna be really intriguing how he'll take it from here, I'm excited.

I know everyone here will despise it but it's gonna sell extremely well. This is what the current costumer wants.

And most of all, the whole show felt like a true EVENT. From the overall hype, the amazing venue, to the fantastic almost entirely POC cast... those all white looks in an all black cast was such a potent statement. Menswear and fashion in general needed this.

15. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Ugh, of course Rihanna is already wearing the collection and she makes it work. I better not eat my words in a few months.

16. mathiaskatz

mathiaskatz Active Member

it just looks like another off white collection

17. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Tbh, it's really difficult to be disappointed when you don't expect anything at all.
    Beside the symbolic that it is for Black Americans (because i think that Ozwald Boateng at Givenchy and Olivier Rousteing at Balmain are actually real statement of how to showcase black TALENTED people at big fashion houses), this is a quite weak show.

The highlight of the collection is really the cast. It's a beautiful cast with a lot of handsome man. I really like to see the singer from The Internet and Kid Cudi and others...It's really great.

The clothes are a non-event because Virgil Abloh at Vuitton is not about clothes. It's about hype, culture, influence and commerce. This is the way for Vuitton to attract a younger clientele but also to speak to the most influencial community of our era, the Hip-Hop scene. Nobody cares about quality of design. It's only about who and where...

I think VA represents pretty well our era which is all about "The Apology of Mediocricy". We have what we deserve with this one and i think it sends the wrong signal to the world.
    I find it very problematic that today, the creative side of fashion industry is maybe the only industry in the world where we put in the forefront people only because they are cool. Their skills, their talent is a second thought...It's tragic.

I don't imagine Bernard Arnault or anyone at LVMH hiring a banker, a seamstress, a PR person only because that person is cool or because of who is around him.

There's a lack of culture in fashion today. It's in the history of fashion, because it seems like for a lot people, fashion started with Margiela and Helmut Lang. And i'm sorry but if for you fashion started in 1988 and 1986, then we have a problem.
    And there's a lack of culture in the knowledge of clothes-making. It's all about the look, the moodboard, spending more time into explaining an obvious lack of expertise than spending time on cut.

We sometimes forget it but the Ateliers are all the same as before and if as a fashion designer, your eye and your knowledge about what is supposed to be your job is weak, then you can't go anywhere.

But at the end of the day, all that long text is irrelevant because this will sell and that's the only thing that matters. Look at someone as talented as Pierpaolo from Valentino and that crap of a collection that he has just showed...

perfect blue likes this.
  18. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

Vomite inducing. Maria Grazia and Kim Jones look talented compared with this...guy.

Well, even when I decided to not comment anymore is almost impossible for me to shut up my mouth.

Everything I hate of fashion in one single show. Bravo. From all those idiots with their cellphones -ughr, it should be forbidden-, Kanye West claping and smiling at his own song, hideous soundtack, terrible styling and obviously a very vapid collection. The whole atmosphere makes me mad. I want all this to dissapear ASAP. I just want to wake up and remember this as the dark era of fashion. Watching him crying -and few people on the audience- doesn't move me a little bit. It's so fake. Just for the sake of money.

I really miss the era when people were talented and serious. When people that I respect a lot -Suzanne Koller, for example- wasn't move by hype, Instagram and all those stuffs. I'd love to read what Cathy have to say about this crap.

What makes me more angry is the fact that brands like Rick Owens or Undercover -that showed TERRIFIC COLLECTIONS- doesn't have a thread yet.

19. Valentine27

Valentine27 Well-Known Member

No doubt it will sell like crazy. People only care about his name named at LV. The hype is real and people only stick to this.

20. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Awful as expected. :)