Louis Vuitton Monogram Collection 2014 : Freja, Liya, Julia & Saskia by Steven Meisel

HelaFav5

Reaction score
In 1854, Louis Vuitton founded his House. In 1896, his son, Georges Vuitton, created The Monogram in honor of his late father. An icon was born.
As it has travelled through time, certain features and meanings have remained the same. Challenging the boundaries between craftsmanship, art, and design, Louis Vuitton has repeatedly embraced the notions of innovation, collaboration and being daring throughout The Monogram’s history.

It is within this context that Louis Vuitton’s ‘The Icon and The Iconoclasts: Celebrating Monogram’ project appears this year. It is a collection of works that shows the distinctly personal side of the Monogram; representing something we think we all know in an extraordinary, individual, and idiosyncratic way. Six creative iconoclasts – the best in their individual fields – who blur the lines between fashion, art, architecture and product design, have been given carte blanche to dictate and make whatever they see fit in the patterned canvas.

Here, Christian Louboutin, Cindy Sherman, Frank Gehry, Karl Lagerfeld, Marc Newson and Rei Kawakubo radically, personally and playfully create an unparalleled collection, briefly presented in this video.
louisvuitton.com

by Christian Louboutin

by Cindy Sherman

by Frank Gehry

by Karl Lagerfeld

by Marc Newson

by Rei Kawakubo
fashiongonerogue

Cindy Sherman and Rei's presentations are my favourite here. Karls isn't nearly as bad and Saskia is killing it! The rest all look so 'meh' to me.

Loving this campaign! Saskia, Liya and Freja look stunning and the bags are hot as well. Very retro.

Any idea who styled it? Marie Amerie Sauve?

There are so many shots I absolutely adore. Personally, Cindy Shermans, Lagerfelds, and Frank Gehry's pieces/images are my favorite.

imo this is amazing! everything looks great and on point, from the styling to the models to the bags. This is Meisel at his best, reminds me of good old US Vogue days :smile:

These are far better and more superior than the F/W 14.15 advertising campaign (even though I doubt we will see these images inside the magazines). At least these images actually look luxurious and expensive. I'm loving everything from the lighting of the studio right down to the casting. The only shot I don't like is the one of Liya with the blue Marc Newson bag which I find awkward and unattractive.

A massive round of applause for the HQs, HelaFav5!

Freja looks definitely sublime here! Pure beauty! This campaign actually is far more better than this season's campaign by Leibovitz, Teller and Weber. Is it confirmed that Meisel shot this?

Freja looks definitely sublime here! Pure beauty! This campaign actually is far more better than this season's campaign by Leibovitz, Teller and Weber. Is it confirmed that Meisel shot this?

according to models.com

Steven Meisel (Photographer)
Carine Roitfeld (Fashion Editor/Stylist)

I was genuinely surprised to see these inside the November issue of UK Vogue, as I only assumed they were photos to coincide with the collaborations and not part of an official advertising campaign. They're like a breath of fresh air!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->