Louis Vuitton 'New Classics' 2019 : Emma Stone, Léa Seydoux & Alicia Vikander by Craig McDean

Discussion in 'Ad Campaigns' started by Benn98, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Photographer: Craig McDean
    Stylist: Marie-Amelie Sauvé
    Cast: Emma Stone, Léa Seydoux, Alicia Vikander

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

EXCLUSIVE: Louis Vuitton Taps Three Major Actresses for Handbag Campaign

Emma Stone, Alicia Vikander and Léa Seydoux star in advertising images for the Capucines, Twist and Dauphine handbags

By Joelle Diderich on April 3, 2019

THREE’S A CHARM: Louis Vuitton is doubling — make that tripling — down on its handbag offer with a new advertising campaign starring three of its top brand ambassadors: Emma Stone, Alicia Vikander and Léa Seydoux.

Lensed by Craig McDean and styled by Marie-Amélie Sauvé, the images showcase the actresses against a blank background touting the Capucines, Twist and Dauphine handbag styles, and replace the brand’s previous Spirit of Travel series.

The campaign will break on Thursday in the May issue of Elle U.K., with a simultaneous release on the brand’s social media platforms. The trio will also appear in a series of “fun, lively” digital films, the house said.

Stone has been linked to the Capucines bag since her first campaign for Vuitton last year, which was also shot by McDean. Vikander, meanwhile, previously appeared in a campaign for the Twist in 2016. Seydoux has been twinned with the Dauphine, which was launched in tandem with the cruise 2019 collection.

All three are regulars in the front row of Vuitton shows, alongside the likes of Jennifer Connelly, Catherine Deneuve and Jaden Smith. The French luxury brand has pushed on with a strategy hinged on major celebrities, even as other labels increasingly rely on influencers and digital campaigns.

Creative director Nicolas Ghesquière showcased his pre-fall looks on 17 personalities covering a broad generational swathe, with stars recruited from highbrow Oscar-winning movies and hit TV shows. They included transgender actress Indya Moore, who also acted as Instagram “host” for Vuitton’s fall show.

WWD

vogue28 likes this.
  2. RMDV

RMDV Active Member

Ugh, can we please stop with Alicia, I just don't see it.
    Any of them for that matter but she's the worst imo.

3. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I am still not a fan of the bags but at least the girls look great this time.

4. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Maybe their best bag campaign in years.
    I’m not sure about the Dauphine but the Twist is a bag I love. The Capucines is still bourgeois and boring. It actually suit those actresses to be honest...
    I’m sorry but they are quite boring.

I wish Vuitton didn’t rely so much on celebrities lately because none of them are actually « fashion icons ». They dress well on RC but their personal style is not really worthy of having a contract or what so ever.

It would have been better with Jennifer Connelly, Zhong Chuxi And Laura Harrier...Or just models!

RMDV likes this.
  5. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Do they even try anymore?

entten likes this.
  6. xandroh

xandroh Member

At least Emma Stone was put into good use this time

7. mikose

mikose Active Member

She look sexy and powerful

8. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

The hair and makeup artist need major props, because neither Emma or Léa have looked better in a Louis Vuitton campaign! They just cannot seem to get it right with Alicia but she doesn't look too bad here, and I do like the simplicity here and think it's a nice departure from the mainline campaign.

Lola701 likes this.
  9. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

At least they brought emotions and attitude to the set. I'll give them that.

Lola701 likes this.
  10. DK92

DK92 Active Member

I ask myself the same question when I see JLAW for Dior: WHY?
    Are actresses less expensive than singers and better than models? Because it's getting harder and harder to see big music names starring in fashion campaigns. There are so many better options for this. And if it's about numbers of followers on Instagram, there are REAL models with more than these actresses!

11. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

Do y'all hear that?

It's Meisel with his Julia-Saskia-Liya and Freja campaign laughing hard.

Benn98 and vogue28 like this.
  12. elle_gb

elle_gb Active Member

They all look great to me, the styling is on point even the bags don't really that great. Simplicity at its best.

13. chanelh

chanelh Active Member

when u see such campaign, all you can think about is "what's the point?"

14. apple

apple Well-Known Member

I prefer simple shots like these to those fake colours they usually use in campaigns with actresses.
    And the girls look all great. The problem is that I'm more interested in their hair and makeup than the bags..

15. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Emma is the only one who looks great and on-brand here. Someone needs to explain to me why the brand is still sticking with dull as dishwater Alicia Vikander.

16. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

I like everything but Emma Stone. Her beauty is too average for my taste. She is the typical not so pretty but with big blue eyes.

17. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

I like the wide shots. They remind me of his style for Vogue Nippon. I would love to see him shoot covers for that magazine again.

18. tjasmine

tjasmine Active Member

Wow, Léa looks bad.

Emma looks good, and Alicia looks decent, actually.