Louis Vuitton Oxidation / Patina

mz_blush

Reaction score
Hello, I'm wondering...is there anyway to slow the process of oxidization...besides minimal usage and keeping it in the dustbag??

Thanks.

the oxidation is not a bad thing. it makes the bag yours...

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Jan 4th, 2004 - 2:23 am
I agree!

I personally like the look of the tanned, gorgeous golden brown leather apposed to the white, new leather.

Plus, LV snobs will know that your bag is brand new if it's got the white leather :lol:

Originally posted by brian+Jan 4th, 2004 - 11:59 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Jan 4th, 2004 - 11:59 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-oceanharlot@Jan 4th, 2004 - 2:23 am
I agree!

I personally like the look of the tanned, gorgeous golden brown leather apposed to the white, new leather.

Plus, LV snobs will know that your bag is brand new if it's got the white leather :lol: [/b][/quote]
True!!

But I hate when the handles start to turn a little black!! But I'm afraid to use anything to clean it!! hehe

I called LV and they don't even clean your bags for you, and they didn't even recomend a certain type of cleaner, just dove soap and leather cleaner. And when I used it on a little spot, it turned an ugly color, I will never do that again.

But LV says thats what makes the purse and it's supposed to do that.

Louie knows best! haaha

A friend wants to give me an old LV Bag, an old Keepall 60 I think. One thing that bothers me, is that the brown leather looks rather dark, not like those you see online or in the store which is light brown, almost beige.

Is this normal, I mean, does the brown leather really changes its color over time?

the leather is natural cowhide and oxidizes over time :wink:

Originally posted by Street_a_Licious@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 1:24 am
So, that means the light brown WILL turn darker, right?
yes :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->