Louis Vuitton Questions and Answers

SHSH

Reaction score
I bought a Louis Vuitton belt in september and the belt has some scratches on it, not sure how they got there to be honest as ive taken fairly good care of it.

I wanted to know if anyone knows if Louis V does replacements, or knows of any good scratch remover for such items its gold in colour, can I get the buckle replaced?

Was it purchased from a LV store? Your best bet (if it was purchased from a LV store, is to contact that store and speak to an employee about repairs because most LV stores have a repair department.) I'm not sure if they would replace it, or if there would be a cost to do so but that's the only way to find out. I know often many companies will replace the hardware on bags for free if it becomes scratched but I'm not sure about other accessories.

Last edited by a moderator:
when the item is purchased in the store, they normally advice you to bring the item back to the store for repair. just take the authenticity card along with the item. :D

LV doesn't really have an authenticity card, only product card with some description. They should know whether the belt is auth or not, so just drop by and ask. however I don't think you're gonna get anything for free since scratches are from usage

ok cool, im going to go Selfridges LV (dep. store) tommorow hopefully they have some sort of repair dep or something

louis vuitton

a friend told me that asian people are not allowed to buy louis vuitton. is that true?

the asian market represents 20 to 30 percent of the louis vuitton profit

Hmm.. maybe they were referring to a fact that .. i'm not sure if this still stands.. but in the LV store in Paris there is/was a limit to the # of LV handbags tourists (mainly Japanese I guess) were able to purchase

Vuitton would repair the hard luggage and other high-end items they sell but they might be less inclined to work on the lower priced cash cow accessories and soft bags.

Some stores are extremely pathetic to help you to fix anything. I had a cashmere/wool Versace trench and its metal buckle broke. Literally, broke into two. And it took them weeks to find a blacksmith or whatever in the middle of Manhattan to fix it. And they did it wrong at the end.

Unfortunately mass market luxury came down to a level of service that is not really that 'luxurious'. But you can always ask for suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abbgg
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->