Louis Vuitton Resort 2019

like it, but it doesn't wow like some of his earlier collections. its almost as if the inspiration is just not as tied together anymore

I quite love it. Even if not all pieces landed, there's a substantial amount of design and experimentation. It's a bit fun too, all things that were missing is most of his collections here.

I'm mixed. Not in love nor do I hate it. There are plenty of solid looks especially towards the end and some ruined by styling. And I can't get over some of the prints and the footwear. But overall its an okay showing.

There are solid separates scattered throughout, of course. There always are. It’s Nicolas, and even on his worst day, he’s still leagues ahead of the gang of wannabes picking up after his scraps like Prabal, Proenza, take-your-pick American types. And this collection is one of his worst. And still better than anything the supposedly American New Guard can ever hope to conjure.

Starts out decent enough, just quickly descends into silly, unflattering boxy shapes that, if doesn’t even look good on models and gives the impression of a squat silhouette, what hope is there for the regular-shaped women to look descent in…???? Really gross prints, and when matched with the late-80s-Debbie-Gibson-at-the-mall styling is just straightup obnoxious. Designers are trying so hard with the bad- taste as ironic high fashion look these days. Wish Nicolas didn't play into that trend. He's much better than that.

whilst i dont have an issue with the clothes, the chunky sneakers are really an eye sore, the first version was bad enough and now this version with the chrome copper and silver. I cannot imagine who will really think they look good.

whilst i dont have an issue with the clothes, the chunky sneakers are really an eye sore, the first version was bad enough and now this version with the chrome copper and silver. I cannot imagine who will really think they look good.

Probably those kind of people that don't know that Rick Owens has for several years a very similar thigh-high stretch sneaker boot in his collection, thinking that they first came up at Vuitton. :rolleyes:

This collection reminds a bit of his Fall 2012 collection.
I like it and I feel like he is trying to establish a sense of his own silhouettes or signature looks for LV.

I like most of the looks but as usual, the problem with Nicolas at LV is, whenever he makes an attempt at eccentricity, he always comes up with the most terrible footwear (with the exception of S/S 2018. I'm actually a fan of the sneakers in the context of pairing the archaic with the modern). Those boots or elongated sneakers--whatever you wanna call them--are downright ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->