oh no...

Originally posted by gem@Oct 10 2004, 11:00 AM
"Chut up!"

referring to Saturnine about her av

:smile:
[snapback]392644[/snapback]​
:rofl:

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 10 2004, 03:38 PM
ture..they definitely sell more accessories than anything else...
[snapback]392943[/snapback]​
but they've always only been an accessories brand... up until marc jacobs came around and started designing the ready to wear a couple years ago...

I'm pretty much over the LV logo, but I have to say, the bags in this show are so beautiful. Each one is more incredible than the next. Wow!

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Oct 10 2004, 03:10 PM
Do they actually exist in the shops though?
[snapback]392809[/snapback]​

the lv store in beverly hills is mostly clothes.

Originally posted by wyatt.@Oct 11 2004, 01:10 AM
the lv store in beverly hills is mostly clothes.
[snapback]393312[/snapback]​

yea Houston Galleria is like 60% accessories, 40% clothes. I always find the men's collection to be a little boring to be worth the price tag usually though. Basic tees in admitedly nice colors for about $140? No thank you.

some pieces are just lovely! :heart:

00050f.jpg
00110f.jpg

00140f.jpg
00170f.jpg

thanks for the photos plumour :flower:
here comes the non-favorable review
personaly, i quite like the collection

Louis Vuitton: The proverbial fashion mix — Marc Jacobs has been there with bells on. “I hate to use the word eclectic,” he said the day before his show. “But I did this collection about 10 years ago — it was called grunge. If that wasn’t about things that don’t go together, I don’t know what is.”

Since that seminal moment de mode at Perry Ellis, the whimsical mix has been a hallmark of Jacobs’ aesthetic, one he developed in New York and ultimately brought to Vuitton. “Every house has its girl,” Jacobs continued. “Ours is flirtatious and feminine.” And increasingly, famous, since, in the past few seasons, the Hollywood set — Cameron, Nicole, Gwen Stefani — has started to discover Vuitton as a go-to resource for more than just the gotta-have bag. (Not to worry, spring offers plenty of those, from off-the-shelf monogrammed denims — the next Murakamis? — to incredible “couture” sharkskin patchworks, for trunk show-only distribution.)

To make the celebrity point, Jacobs had the adorable Christina Ricci open his show and step down off the runway to the front row, where she sat just in front of her mom. They then settled in for a mega-mix that swerved simultaneously in multiple directions, some beautiful clothes nearly getting lost in the flurry. There were terrific coats, often belted in silver shine, and delightful small sweaters with fabric collars. Jacobs loves a dress done up this way or that, and worked the daylights out of racy white stretch, variously adding a lacy bodice, a huge floral cascade across one shoulder and, just for fun, a tutu peplum. When opting out of white, why choose basic stripes when you can add a frill in front and a bustle in back?

Jacobs went Fifties in Lucille Ball volume and sexy-secretary curves, Forties in pinup swimwear, Barnum & Bailey in glitter galore, and even hoedown happy in decorated hootenanny skirts. And he mixed florals with stripes with brocades with tweeds, all the while piling on embellishments — including some of his new glittered-up sunglasses, his latest collaboration, designed with, of all people, Pharrell Williams.

With all that going on, the collection lacked a unifying focus beyond its beguiling girliness. And girly it was, so much so that the sight of two models in fab LV-monogrammed denim offered happy relief. Moreover, no matter how quirky it might get, a typical Jacobs collection radiates chic. This time, it was tough to extract the chic from the stuff.

from wwd :flower:

love the first two white dresses plumour posted...i think the pieces individually are quite nice..

I think the clothes look nice - they are very marc jacobs-ey. They still look slightly like childrens clothes like i think all his stuff does, but its pretty & cutsey. I like the purple & pink colours.

LV clothes are nothing like this in the shops though. In the shops its all hideous LV monogramed golf clothes!! For all the golfing ladies being the only ones who can actually afford LV. I think the show is a big decption..... like many of them are I suppose.

:lol: Helena......u need to come here.......they sell the gorgeous clothes from the collection......not a monogram golf item in sight

I don't think LV should make clothes...just stick to the bags and other accessories.

Like others have said, I think this collection is a little too close to Marc Jacobs and that indicates that there is not much creativity flowing.

Originally posted by Acid@Oct 11 2004, 08:13 AM
:lol: Helena......u need to come here.......they sell the gorgeous clothes from the collection......not a monogram golf item in sight
[snapback]393494[/snapback]​

its the one in Paris I am mainly basing that generalisation on.... where is it in London? Bond street/ sloane street?

the one on bond street has the REALLY nice clothes

but im not sure about the sloane street one cause they just moved a bit up the road......the old one was just accesories but i think the new one has clothes also

Loving this!!! just wanted to ask, what does everyone think about the monogram bag with cherries? Im not sure... :unsure:

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Oct 11 2004, 09:37 AM
Loving this!!! just wanted to ask, what does everyone think about the monogram bag with cherries? Im not sure... :unsure:
[snapback]393539[/snapback]​

I'm not the biggest fan but I try not to do logoed anything these days. I can see it being a potential hit on the scale of the Murakami bags. The cherry print is cute and if there's enough hype in the mass press, 12 year-old girls in Orange County will be dying for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->