Louis Vuitton S/S 2019 by Collier Schorr

Ugh, those girls are making the same expression I did when I saw this shot. It's so lifeless, dull, and doesn't do this already awful collection any favours.

Nicolas really have awful taste in photographers.

Nicolas really have awful taste in photographers.

That wasn't the case when he was at Balenciaga. Those I&V, Sims and Meisel campaigns have stood the test of time. Then again, back then he worked with MM Paris and Fabien Baron, not Ronnie Cooke-Newhouse.

I actually liked the 80s camp feel of the collection, but with Collier shooting we were bound to get dull as dishwater results.

Yesssssssssssss Ambar and Kiki! Exquisite.

I'm actually happy to see Blesnya and Kiki. It's refreshing seeing different girls starring the campaign, instead of the usual: Natalie, Sora, Rianne and etc. (Although I'm pretty sure they will pop up :lol:)

Maybe Nicolas should let the marketing department of Vuitton handle the campaigns.
At this point, it’s hopeless...

This feels flat. Disappointing.

Curious to see who else is in this though.

I feel like someone like Charlotte Wales would have nailed this.

At this stage I'm convinced Charlotte may not want the rat race of working for these big brands. Because there's just no way that so many brands can overlook her brilliance.

A few days ago I received LV's corporate magazine and it has beautiful campaign-like stories for both women and men. This campaign is pretty bad in comparison.

All that money spent on creating elaborate fashion shows and these are what the campaigns look like....

The reality is that today a runway show through the set has more impact than a campaign with 90 girls.

Personally, I would have prefered to have a white background, 2 girls and a major photographer.
What i’m Missing from Nicolas is the story telling. Nothing in this campaign is indicative of a defined vision.

His Balenciaga campaigns weren’t always great but they were never boring.

Two conflicting thoughts:

1) These are beautiful images.

2) This looks like they moodboarded a bunch of recent Gucci campaigns/imagery and said "This stuff is selling, let's give it that vibe!" It doesn't feel LV, it feels Gucci. I think from a branding standpoint, this isn't effective.

I love Sora but I wanna see another Asian chic to star in the campaign.

Thank God Rianne doesn't have to suffer through this anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camerontroy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->