Louis Vuitton S/S 2019 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Melancholybaby, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Melancholybaby

Melancholybaby Well-Known Member

2. Melancholybaby

3. Melancholybaby

4. Rigida

Rigida Well-Known Member

Nicolas really loves doing ugly 80s clothes doesn't he? I kinda love this collection tho..

5. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

IMG_7491.jpeg

My face during the livestream.

I'm still in shock. I never supported him at LV but this is too much. The most horrible collection I've seen in years.

Does he want to get fired or what?

Benn98, chanelh, Nymphaea and 3 others like this.
  6. CATO

CATO Active Member

LV ????? No, No, No.:rofl:
    looks like Woolworth

jeanclaude likes this.
  7. Vitamine W

Vitamine W Well-Known Member

Loved the menswear for the womenz though. More of that please. The rest was an eyesore, tbh it has been since the start but what do I know.

8. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

Probably his worst collection. I just didn't really understand what he was trying to do here. The proportions (those sleeves particularly) were awful. The prints and colors were ugly. The fabrics were very cheap looking. Even this "futuristic" vibe which is what he's literally known for felt very poorly thought out. It was like he made a bad decision in every possible section of the collection. Even the set felt way too extra for me. And it's a shame cause the last few collections were really good imo, he was on a good path. But this is... puzzling to be polite.

Salvatore and jeanclaude like this.
  9. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Perfect!
    I love this!
    It’s funny how some shiny leather boots can do to an allure.
    I really love the first few looks with this work around the bomber jacket. I was a bit puzzled by the weird « 80’s children bedsheets prints » because it kinda destroy the sophistication of the silhouettes and I wasn’t so sure about the Balenciaga Fw06 cocoon situation.... But, the rest is stunning!

So many great pieces! I love the blouses with the « Lampion » Sleeves and the « soucoupes » sleeves!
    It’s Vuitton so, it got to be commercial and almost obvious but the balance is great in the silhouette!

I see that they are doing those silly bags that are a total cash cow for Chanel now...We see you LVMH!

I know it was just 4 looks but: Nicolas is doing menswear!!!!
    Hedi and Virgil must be shook now...
    It’s kinda strong and I want to wear it myself!
    Actually, there are a lot of things that I want to buy in this collection!

Even if he is still holding back, this is good enough. Too bad the campaign is going to be boring.

Bahiyya and GivenchyAddict like this.
  10. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

Haha, same !!
    I was honestly shocked at how ugly everything was. It's somehow even uglier than anything he's done in the past for the label. I'm not a fan of him at Louis Vuitton.

I'd like to believe he still has the creative genius inside of him, but there's something or someone holding him back. What is it I wonder ?

jeanclaude likes this.
  11. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

I don't think those were meant to be menswear? It was just menswear "inspired" looks on androgynous female models.

Frida and Lola701 like this.
  12. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Active Member

Why those horrible 80s prints?? The collection would have been nicer without the prints. It´s like he got into the rooms of the "Stranger things" kids circa 1987 (a sitcom he loves) and then he stoled all the curtains and sheets to make the collection.

The 60s coats and jackets part were more interesting. But the palette of some of them were really questionable.
    I only like this one (but without the hat please, that silly hat ruins the look. And it gives it a very dated Cardin feeling):
    xJKkqgSR_o.jpg
    font vogue.com

13. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

I like his early collections for LV but this is really, really ugly, I miss the more grown woman he was designing for at Balenciaga.

jeanclaude likes this.
  14. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Oh really? I thought it was menswear as it looked more commercial than the rest of the collection.
    I’m sure it will look great on Theroux and Smith.
    I’m here for it anyway!
    The cut of the white jacket is exactly the type of cut he used to do in his early 00´s Balenciaga collections!

15. bc collector

bc collector Member

He obviously is not in the right place to express his talent. The tailored pieces are the best part of the collection , and the ones more indebted to his past at Balenciaga, but in general you get the feeling the he was just doodling about, adding unnecessary details here and there and creating some genuinely silly frocks.
    Plus, when will they stop doing the 80's? Fashion-wise, they were sufficiently horrid the first time around...

MetroMelannie and jeanclaude like this.
  16. chinsumo

chinsumo Member

Missing Marc.

disco54 likes this.
  17. badgalcrush

badgalcrush Member

I'm confused , Nicholas is doing also menswear for Vuitton ?

It looks a bit Balenciaga to me it's funny

MetroMelannie likes this.
  18. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

I love it! Nicolas is always questioning the way women can dress, playing with proportions, prints and he reuses more and more his own work which I love. Nicolas and Miuccia are the two people who challenge me a lot when it is about taste and the limit of ugliness and that's what I expect with these designers and their work. The last decade was mostly about recycling over and over without any new proposition and it is good that they are still here to challenge our eyes even when it can be very bad.

I noticed 80s, sci-fi inspiration, spaceship attire, Balenciaga archives, gender blurring, etc. Plus, I think he had fun doing the menswear looks as many people always asked themselves what he will do if he had to realise a menswear collection. In a way, it was definitely his most Balenciaga collection because it was definitely experimental and less commercial. The accessories were good. I loved the flying saucer bag :buzz:.

Well done for the cast :shifty:

Bahiyya and Egoiste like this.
  19. MetroMelannie

MetroMelannie Member

Well Nicolas still doesn't like women.
    Joke seing that teasing phase on IG and then I was excited. bh I was tired of his Vuitton Louvre-esque aesthetics and was hoping for a return of the hybrid/futurist aesthetics.

That fire bomber jacket as a first look confirmed my excitement and felt like Balenciaga in Ghesquière's golden years

Yet the rest of the collection gave le mixed feelings, out of proportions, weird shapes, lack of consistency...

On mens looks: Clearly the highlight of the collection and very well executed. I almost suspect it to be a shade to Abloh since there's been well known rivalry between the two lately.

20. Vitamine W

Vitamine W Well-Known Member

I called shade too but what is the nature of their relation? Was he even present at Virgil's first "proposition"?