Louis Vuitton S/S 2020 Paris

absolutely trash. I can't even say I'm excited to see his own label at this point. Just saw the first look on livestream and immediately decided to going on with my stuff.

Definitely one of his better collections at LV. Nothing really terribly exciting.

I'd say it's okay to cry over this new LV. It's a really horrendous mix of Alessandro Michele and Maria Grazia. At least it's not as gross as the f/w collection. I just wonder why LV got so messy and overdesigned over the time, I mean it's obvious that Natacha went to Chloé, but still it's rather a weird evolution.

Call me surprised, there was more to love for me than to hate.

This is the downside of such a lavish production: the clothes can easily come off as an afterthought.
I have the utmost respect for NG, whom I consider a real genius. But I can't help feeling that his talent goes wasted at a house like Vuitton, where since the very beginning his RTW has had a permanent whiff of pre-collection. The clothes are exquisitely made, the workmanship is undeniable, but they are just clothes, no grand gesture involved, no real attempt to challenge the viewer. This is a blatant example of clothing accessorizing the accessories.

Vast improvement over the last season, I like it a lot.

I was looking at the pics at vogue.com...and for a moment I had the impression I was looking at a Miu-Miu 70s retro inspired show.

Who is this guy? What he has done with the real Ghesquière from Balenciaga???

Such a sad ending to a depressing fashion month.

An absolute abomination. I don't care what this man has done in his past to render him thought of as a genius today, because for me, this collection cancels out genius fiber I might have thought this man retained.

It's unapologetically hideous and the watching the show live was agony-annoying music, annoying visuals, and just plain ugly clothing. He's lost it.

Fabulous show! Fabulous collection...
Seriously, the set was a bit weird...It was gigantic but it felt like they tried to create a feeling of intimacy. It would have made sense for me to have a set similar to his earlier collections (a whole parcours instead of just a back and forth runway)...

That being said! Those clothes were fabulous and Nicolas really gave me once again a feeling of high fashion.
We get it, it’s time to show clothes and more than that, to sell clothes but Nicolas gave clothes that are worth looking and buying. And I have to say that i’m always curious to see where he can take me in terms of pushing my taste and his own taste.

It’s weird because it looked familiar but also quite fresh in terms of colors expérimentations and embellishments. I don’t think the photos does justice to those clothes but they were very beautiful in that environment.

He went back to the silhouette of his earlier collections but added more layers to them. I really really really liked that collection! And the bags!!!!!

It’s really one of my favorite this season...
And I think that people felt it in the audience. There was a great energy (maybe because some remembered how gloomy Chanel was this morning).

Kinda looks a circa 00s Marc by Marc Jacobs collection, with some hits of Miu Miu. It's definitely much easier on the eyes than his usual techno 80s fever dream but still nothing remarkable.

SOPHIE on the big screen was the best thing about it...

I’m afraid to form an opinion yet since I am really biased towards Nicolas lol. He and his time at Balenciaga is the reason I wanted to be a designer. I will just say that at LV he kinda takes me on a rollercoaster of highs and lows. I will always support him though.

I mostly like the looks with the voluminous structures or Japanese-inspired architectural lines (images 43, 47, 48) - which means I am mostly attracted to the clothes resembling Balenciaga x NG.

I do want the bag with the graphic of VHS tapes stacked up. I think that is cool, as novel as it is.

Absolutely gorgeous! This is literally the LV collection I love the most from him. I have accepted as a matter of fact that he would never return to the old glorious days of Balenciaga anymore, and tbh, we all have to deal with that no matter how much hope we have put on him for lifting the whole fashion world out of the abyss over the last 10 years. I don’t expect him to give us the same mind-blowing beautiful work like mid-00’s Balenciaga ever again, and this collection is very pretty, fashionable, fun with decent amount of intelligence put into the design. I think that’s more than enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->