Louis Vuitton S/S 2021 Paris

A bit overwhelming...
There’s something quite easy, commercial and approachable about it but at the same time, it’s a lot to take in...
I don’t think the Green Screen worked in favor of the viewers but it might have worked IRL.

There’s a sense of lightness and protection that I love from this collection...Those big shapes, the incredible outerwear and also those beautiful pants that I think will work better with very high heels, like sandals.

It gave me Gaultier meets Westwood in the 80´s but much more musician inspired look if it makes sense.

The cut of those pants is kinda exceptional. They are terrific! A bit Balenciaga FW2004 inspired! The dynamism of the clothes is not really visible through images. Everything kinda looks hard and stuff when in fact, it’s the contrary. The bags were amazing!

I’m confused by the shoes and the last few dresses. This is collection that needs a closer view. And I wonder what will be produced. I’m definitely going to the Re-see.

The pants are great. The man knows how to cut a mean pair of pants. The jackets are great.

Lots of details but it doesn't feel heavy and complicated as his most recent collections.

There's a very masculine and tom boy vibe in the styling. One of the best shows this season.

it’s overwhelming and underwhelming too.

Nicolas is stuck in this retro-futuristic shtick and there’s no turning back apparently. I was late (again...) for the live show so I could only see in movement the last half of the collection and I was not impressed especially, when I saw the shoes. HUGE NO, from me.

I agree with @Lola701 regarding the stiffness of the pictures, it does feel different when in motion but still...

Nicolas was my favourite designer when he was at Balenciaga (followed by Riccardo) and even if I adore avant-garde and futuristic designs it’s just not how I want to see people dressed, maybe if we break it down a little, the styling is OTT for sure but he always goes for MAS so it’s how it’s gonna look all the time...

I’ve scrolled like 5 times and looked in detail and what pisses me off is that it’s so well made, he’s still incredible, some of the prints almost look like bande-dessinée in fabric but I cannot abide the final product.

UGH :cry:

The shoes were hideous...as was most of this show, good thing they put those green screens everywhere so I at least had something to distract me with while I waited for something good to come out the runway.

The big coats at the beginning were the only salvagable pieces, the candy wrapper t-shirts belonged in a bad Jeremy Scott show.

The shoes, the graffiti-esque logo, the shapeless dresses, I mean...he went from the glorious F/W 2020 show to this parade of ugliness? The only tolerable pieces were the big coats and the dress in look 13. Now we know who took more time to relax during the lockdown between him and Dossena.

Is he mocking Prada with those triangle-shaped logos?? Or is he just copying them because the execs asked him to do it??

Always get excited when a new LV by Ghesquière collection is shown...and always get disappointed when I see it!

The prints are hideous, it feels like he torn paper ads from bus stops all around Paris; and then he wrapped the models with them!

I guess this is the worthy ending to a season that, as a whole, registers as one of the worst I have memory of (whether for justifiable reasons or not, is another matter).
Ghesquiere needs to stop with his 80's obsession, it's become so predictable of him...

Cannot understand how people like anything at all here?

Looks like someone put retrofuturism and search results for "neon" and "video game aesthetic" on Tumblr in a blender and this collection is what it churned out. The only two things I liked (kind of) are the third grey coat and that huge sequin dress on an Asian model, and the second one just for the creative take on sequins.

Also, PLEASE STOP with that "Vote" bulls*it, you, Donatella, stop with that cr*p, too. Stop. STOP! Enough of this pseudoactivism and pretentious politicisation of fashion! I am already tired of hearing and seeing this rubbish on Twitter, Reddit, Instagram (and I use each of these for like 10 mins a day maximum), and I do not, I repeat, DO NOT want to see more of this in magazines and now on the runway.

Bring. Back. D*mn. Concepts. Glamour. And. Intellect. To. Fashion.

Just what I expected. Its another overdesigned, horribly styled and dated looking collection. Prints are disgusting, Nicolas has no idea how to use them. His LV tenure showed that he may not be as talented as I have used to think. The stupid slogan shirts at the beginning were embarrasing. Why everything nowadays has to be about politics? I am tired of seeing it everywhere. Leave that to SJW and twitter activists. Take me back to 90s. Thank you.

He needs to stop this.

I hope seven last girls did not vomit after reaching backstage.

Cannot understand how people like anything at all here?

Personally, I just see a lot of great pieces that I can’t wait to try on and maybe to integrate to my wardrobe. Is it a vision of fashion, an accessible POV or something glamorous or inspiring? Not necessary. But I like that despite being very much « on trend », it’s designed enough to stand out!

I particularly love the pants, the outerwear and the tank tops that mimicked dungarees. I even like the knitted vest. For sure, I would never wear it like that but it’s exciting enough for me to buy.

‘People wants from Nicolas to dictate trends like it’s 2008. I’ve moved on from that but at the same time I love that this collection still challenges me. But I can totally see why people hates it! But I can’t help myself to love it. I think the good triumphs the bad!

His LV tenure showed that he may not be as talented as I have used to think.

That's a reach! For a few collections that are a miss to erase the talent of a man (who did wonders for decades and still influence most of the young designers and have been copied so numerous time by current brands) is excessive imo. Then we should also question Galliano as his tenure at Margiela is not as much crazy and original as his time at Dior?

I don't like this collection. One of the worst from this season. It does not speak to me at all because it is not the Ghesquière I really enjoy but Balenciaga was more a lab of experiments whereas Louis Vuitton is a cash machine with a lot of stores to fill with clothes. His mission is totally different. I just want Fabrizio Vitti out and Pierre Hardy in. The shoes have always been a big miss.

Usually, I can defend him every season but I just really can't with this.

I only like the trousers :ninja:

Some of it doesnt look too bad here in pictures but the video presentation was one of the most boring things I've watched! The retro filter took away the colour from the clothes and all the elements plus those shoes were a bit too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->