Louis Vuitton S/S 2022 Paris

I mean...it's not horrid like a lot of his recent work is, and there are even very beautiful pieces here, but I'm kind of over the whole look. It's a lot to look at and doesn't have an impact for me, despite being "IMPACTFUL."

After Olivier's show, this just doesn't do anything for me. A lot of noise and nothing to say. What do these clothes mean?

Some looks remind of me that Balkans collection from Galliano... This feels just too much. I wish the team could edit as much as FW14, which was so good.

I really wish he would hire a new stylist. I know that he and MAS are like siblings, but he desperately need to shake things up, have a fresh perspective. The are a lot of good elements in this collection, but the way it's put together feels very cluttered, messy, almost cartoonish. His Balenciaga shows were so precise, the message was so clear. He needs to find that again.

I did see some amazing pieces that I havent seen in seasons. And I don't mean the protester.

Paris was a mess this season, anyway it reflects our sad moments after pandemics. Anyway I think prices will be enough high to waste money to forget sorrows buying nonsense pieces. No place for beauty. Those times when Galliano crazy fantasy closed the Paris Fashion Week wont come again, Ill try to find beauty in art it is timeless my wounded spirit needs it!

A wasteful absurd show, made more absurd with the stupid bodyguard.
This is honestly so selfabsorbed and just plain bad fashion. He has nothing to say. It’s a bag house.

This looks misshaped and a lot of models look like fat blobs, despite them being slim. Why anyone with a hint of taste and awareness of how clothes look on the body would pay money for this?

Wow, there's a lot to digest... Was this show good? No, but it wasn't a complete disaster, either. There were so many interesting pieces, but some looks were wayyyyy too overdesigned as if Nicolas hadn't known when to stop. I get that he treats Louis Vuitton as a time machine, but do we really need those weird '20s "updated" hybrids in our lives?

I like the way he is consistent about his vision. It’s definitely self referential without being nostalgic (I’m tired of nostalgia).

There are great pieces as usual in his Vuitton collection: the blouses, the big cargo skirts, some of blazers.

But it’s a lot to take in and it never reached the climax. It’s just too much to take in.

It’s somehow frustrating because once in the stores, it makes more sense like the current FW collection. I can’t blame Nicolas for looking forward. That’s what I want from fashion but it’s also lacking in emotion and direction even if there’s a vision.

It will be interesting to see which items will get into production.

I never realized before this show why Galliano had bodyguards taking the bow with him. For me it was all dramatics but now I remember that it started after the PETA woman jumped on the runway.
It felt slightly uncomfortable here…

And the set wasn’t the greatest….

What´s this mess? For a moment I had the impression Ghesquière was possesed by the spirit of Alessandro Michele! The stylism is very Gucci (weird sunglasses included and all).
As for the clothes, all I see is vintage garments mixed with jeans. And the 1920s "robes de style" are hideous!

PS: The bodyguard is veeery hot!

It's really sad that someone who was creating one of the best shows in Balenciaga ended up like this at LV. And its event more sad because at Balenciaga he was showing fantastic clothes.

I love this. This is one of my favorite collections of PFW. I love that in the season that we see designers referenced the 90s early 2000s, he decided to back to the French neoclassical.

He is the best designer when it comes to the art of balancing between high fashion concepts and commerce. I love that he goes all the way out. From the music to the clothes. It's historical, drama, and fashion.

The looks at the beginning are served as the statement of the show, I don't think they will be produced. But he balances it with easier items that will sell because this is still LV and they need to sell the clothes. The bags and shoes this season are great, they'll sell. That is how he can continue doing what he's doing.

I wish MAS style the clothes the way she wears them herself. She wore them quite chic. These clothes are already extreme and complicated styling doesn't necessarily help them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"