Louis Vuitton 'Spirit of Travel' F/W 2016.17 : Alicia Vikander

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

photos taken by vogue28
from UK Harper's Bazaar November 2016

While I still find her terribly overexposed, I'm absolutely smitten with these images! Clever move on LV's behalf to shoot on that amazingly beautiful set in Brazil. And they've selected the least offensive pieces, by dong so appealing to a broader mass. My guess is this was shot by Demarchelier. My only gripe is the perpetual shove of the bag in our faces, but I don't think it will stop anytime soon.

The setting wins me over, because Alicia doesn't have to do much for some spectacular images. I love these actually.

i wish her no ill, but Alicia bores me to tears. in movies. in talkshows. here.

UK Harper's Bazaar November 2016 Digital Edition

Shooting on the resort location makes it look very budget.
You can't do this as a mega luxury brand.

I think the "spirit" ads should be much more dramatic and evocative and better use models.

^
I disagree with you on that statement because the location is very beautiful first of all and what better way to capture the spirit of the collection by just photographing it in the area that it drew inspiration from?

I would only say it's budgeted if they had used an unknown model or photographer

Vanity Fair November 2016 Digital Edition

I think she looks great. I really enjoy this.

Guess they couldn't NOT shoot the campaign in that space, so I'm willing to overlook the repetitive feeling of the campaign, with the Cruise show being held there also. I do, nevertheless, much prefer the shots of Alicia on the beach (and I don't mind the last two images posted either).

Shot by Patrick Demarchelier

Campaign and video on their website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed very boring. Alicia brings nothing to the table and with a bland background, bland products, the result is even more bland.

The beach shots are much worse than the rest, but I love how the clothes look on her.

Harper’s Bazaar Singapore November 2016 Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->