Love #16 Spring/Summer 2016

^^^ Because being a part of this publication will get him the exposure for bluechip work.

@honeycombchild , im guessing it makes a shed load of money.

they wont be paying the photographers much money and the issue is packed full of high end advertising who want to be associated with the brand.

it must be v v profitable.

Unfortunate but very true.

Blue-chip corporations just see Love as the place that's popular with high potential exposure for their brands.

TFS is not indicative of what most people, who are easily persuaded to follow trends and status, think. You can see Love’s “influences” in mainstream publications like Harper’s Singapore and Thailand, and most people, including the bluechip corporations, will believe Katie’s a true tastemaker and invest in this mess-- thus encouraging and validating that she's a visionary, sadly.

katie grand is one of the most powerful people in fashion

Grace Bol: Emerald Green
'Frolicking in Fluro'
Photographer Sølve Sundsbø;
Fashion Editor Robbie Spencer;
Creative Direction Katie Grand;
Hair Syd Hayes;
Make-Up Hiromi Ueda;

www.thelovemagazine.co.uk

Wow, that actually is a very striking cover. Love it :smile:
Maybe there's till hope for this issue...

This is the one I'm hoping to get if the content warrants a purchase. Grace Bol have always been known to take great portrait shots, I still have her Interview Russia cover somewhere in my collection. I'm somewhat on the fence about it - on the one hand it reminds me of those vintage 1920's style stereotypical advertisements, and on the other I just see a striking colourful cover shot.

Katie is not that powerful anymore. She belongs to another era. She hasn't 'shaped' fashion for a decade now. She is not relevant. Love is not relevant. Their momentum is long gone, dears.

Everything she does is clownish. And the brands that still hire her look in desperate attempt to be hot again. But it doesn't work. That formula is so burned that no one cares. Having the Rolling Stone's granddaughters shot by Teller for three seasons in a row is not groundbreaking at all... :unsure: And she has been in Cara's bandwagond way after she was 'cool'. She lost her 'air du temps'. She is still living in 2006. And I don't blame her for that, but all she does is irrelevant for the fashion of these days.

And I doubt it's profitable. Considering the quality of the paper (don't know if it's as good as it was when I used to buy it) and that fashion magazines are selling less than ever... Plus, no one knows Love. And no one whithout a true passion for fashion (leaving appart the wannabes who think buying this sort of mags is cool) would spend so much money on this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, 'Interview Russia' about says it all here.... easy warhol rip-off that actually says not much at all.... although it is better than that Lily Rose abomination.

But is this a real cover? There's no words at all..... Or is that more of Ms Grand CREATIVE DIRECTION..... Look at how both Loewe and Louis Vuitton have sunk as fashion brands without her total genius involvement. :D And the fact Marc Jacobs is laying off hard working staff right now is surely just a smokescreen for another Grand masterstroke.....

Enough already :sick:

5dfye66imv2f6n76tpyrwp02f.JPG

gsxzr0civctxz1msmwbhn153.jpeg

d77ea3yz372w1j896rfx0qvl8.jpeg

In her first ever magazine interview, actress Lily-Rose Depp talks fake Instagram accounts and Chanel with Jo-Ann Furniss for LOVE.

LOVE's Editor-in-Chief, Katie Grand, says of her decision to put Lily on the cover: "This issue sees 16-year-old actress and Chanel model Lily-Rose Depp’s first cover and first proper interview. When her friend Stella Maxwell took over the LOVE Instagram and posted some jolly pictures of herself and Lily-Rose together, it struck me that she’d make a perfect LOVE cover star. I just love Lily-Rose – if she were a colour she’d be fluoro pink with yellow bits.”

With the new issue, ‘LOVE Club’ out 8 February, LOVE today reveals some of the interview highlights, as the 16-year old daughter of Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis embarks on a career-defining year, with comedy horror Yoga Hosers having just premiered at Sundance Film Festival, and upcoming Planetarium, in which she stars opposite Natalie Portman, and The Dancer, in which she plays Isadora Duncan.

On her budding acting career, she tells us: "I can act every single day because I love it; it’s just so liberating. It might be rare, but there are certain moments when you really don’t feel like yourself. When you are in the character so fully, it’s the best feeling ever. I so love it. Even if those moments come just once a day or every other day, they are just worth it."

While her acting career has taken off, of course, the fashion world were quick to embrace the 16 year old. On Karl Lagerfeld being such a part of her life, she says: "Chanel has always been this big thing for me – there are baby pictures of me wearing my mom’s Chanel pumps. I have been lucky enough to know Karl since I was eight – yes, half my life. I have been so lucky to be around him and just talk to him. He makes people feel great. He is a presence. He’s very perceptive; I really feel like he understands people."

Remember when Lily's Instagram was suddenly the account du jour? There were also a few fake ones, super weird."I first started using social media when I was 12 or something – not publicly, I had private accounts – but even since then people have been pretending to be me, and my brother. It’s so annoying. It’s super weird." What does she do to combat it?

"The only thing I can do is let people know that is not me. My biggest fear is people reading something or seeing something on one of those fake accounts and thinking that came out of my mouth, when it didn’t. I am very specific about what I put out on social media about myself. But that’s also why I like social media, because it feels like the only thing that I have to control my own image. Everybody is going to say whatever the **** they are going to say about me – and it is like this for everybody." Lily goes onto to explain the perils of being on social media. "I would be much less stressed out without social media. I am constantly afraid of getting hacked. It’s like being afraid of stepping on glass."

She concludes: "It is delicate being my age, and trying to do all the regular teenager stuff, and then having that in the spotlight. But I am grateful for what it brings and it is honestly a small price to pay to get to do what I want to do – I am very happy about that.”

Read the full interview with Lily-Rose Depp in LOVE 15, the LOVE Club Issue for Spring/Summer 2016, which goes on newsstands 8 February.

thelovemagazine

Last edited by a moderator:
That new Lily cover.... It's like a classic horror!

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT COULDN'T GET ANY WORSE...

It did!!!!

Model and Contributing Editor at LOVE, Edie Campbell features in the latest issue's editorial about club kids: Cherry Bombz. She also tells us about Itchy Scratchy Patchy, the iron-on patch label she founded with artist Christabel MacGreevy.

On the inspiration behind the patches, Edie says, "I see too many people wearing well-made, tasteful, boring clothes. It becomes meaningless...but now people want to make something, customise something, put a patch on."

SHOOT CREDITS: Photographer Willy Vanderperre; Fashion Editor Katie Grand; Hair Anthony Turner; Make-up Lynsey Alexander; Model Edie Campbell

Edie wears green snakeskin dress by Jason Wu; choker by Rosita Binita; black lace gloves from Carol’s at Alfie’s of London

9jlefhn38d8ob02v4nilno3s2.jpg

thelovemagazine

And now an old picture of BRIAN ENO
Not Brian looking at his best....

British Vogue will be so upset they've been out-done
What is going on with these Clowns! :woot:

With every photo that surfaces, it just keeps on getting worse, LOL

Kendall's shot is actually fine, Edie's shot makes me uncomfortable. Lily Rose Depp is getting boring already.

Lily's pictures are horrendous, the makeup isn't suiting her and the expressions aren't helping either. This magazine is going downhill fast, every new image it's worse. Katie Grand needs to retire like now.

And here I thought for once the issue will be Kendall-free. Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->