Love #21 S/S 2019 : Maya Hawke by Willy Vandeperre

8eight

Reaction score
IMG_6898.jpg
OF course she's wearing Marc Jacobs.
Maya Hawke is Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawkes daughter.

source: instagram.com/thelovemagazine

She's like a generic version of Ashley Good. She won't make it. She's as interesting as Lottie Moss.

image.jpeg

instyle

Maya's an actress, though she's modeled before (she was in the Sofia Coppola directed Calvin Klein campaign) and she most certainly will make it.

The picture doesn't work as a cover...

Ps. I hope Lola gets a cover too!

Bad cover... she was great on PBS' Little Women, charming and well acted - so she has something

Who is she? Another 'model'?

She's Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke's daughter.
Unlike most of the other celebrity kids, though, i do find her looks to be somehow captivating so i don't mind seeing her.

She’s definitely not an ugly girl, but this is so ugly. I hate everything about it. Pretty little upstarts? Tf.

Why don't they call this the nepotism magazine instead of the love magazine? It would be more suitable.
Apart from the cover girl, the shot itself is very ugly. That filter is terrible to look at especially on a cover.

There's a full page ad for this inside the April 19 issue of Tatler, it's a b/w shot of Madonna's daughter looking anonymous in a big pair of sunglasses and... well... at least "Lola Leon" isn't everywhere... yet.

This is now on sale in my corner of the UK, so it's bound to be everywhere else. I've seen it in Tesco as well as high street newsagents, but only the Maya cover so far. It's very thick and glossy, it's £6.99 but flicking through it, there was zero glamour, so I'm leaving it on the shelf.

I can certainly side with tigerrouge on the above.

I flicked through today. If you're expecting big names this issue isn't for you, it's basically shot entirely by new photographers. Nothing grabbed me particularly, however I will say that I'd be interested to see the editorials online, they look like the kind that could grow on you. I sort of appreciate Katie's commitment to principally having new lens(wo)men shoot the issue, I guess we do need fresh blood. I didn't see any Kendall or Gigi either...but maybe I bypassed them.

Jamie Hawkesworth and Oli Rizzo have a story, sort of that court jester/Napoleon vibe. Liz Collins did another Marc Jacobs hair story...that's about as big as it gets. The main big fashion edit with Kaia, Vittoria, Lexi and some others I didn't catch looks like the MSGM ads this season, so I guess it's photographed by the same person.

There is just one cover. I imagine a low seller, this issue.

I can certainly side with tigerrouge on the above.

I flicked through today. If you're expecting big names this issue isn't for you, it's basically shot entirely by new photographers. Nothing grabbed me particularly, however I will say that I'd be interested to see the editorials online, they look like the kind that could grow on you. I sort of appreciate Katie's commitment to principally having new lens(wo)men shoot the issue, I guess we do need fresh blood. I didn't see any Kendall or Gigi either...but maybe I bypassed them.

Jamie Hawkesworth and Oli Rizzo have a story, sort of that court jester/Napoleon vibe. Liz Collins did another Marc Jacobs hair story...that's about as big as it gets. The main big fashion edit with Kaia, Vittoria, Lexi and some others I didn't catch looks like the MSGM ads this season, so I guess it's photographed by the same person.

Thanks for this review....it's $20.00 in the US, so I don't want to pay the money if it's a melancholy issue!! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->