Lucas Ossendrijver Exits Lanvin

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by dodencebt, Nov 14, 2018.

1. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

wwd.com

2. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Finally!
    I only hope that he will find a house worthy of his talent.
    There are so many fashion houses with a weak menswear department (Givenchy, YSL, Berluti, Vuitton, Fendi). He can also be perfect for contemporary brands (Acne Studios, Carven)...Even Margiela.

I've always appreciate his talent. He is a really gifted designer that has been quite underestimated over time.
    He was really one of the few who reinvented menswear with using very sophisticated fabrics, bold volumes and finishing.
    He was the first to introduce the idea of a luxurious designer sneaker.
    Even if Lanvin menswear hasn't been the same since Alber left (they were quite a duo), his contribution is huge.

Well done Lucas!

3. bc collector

bc collector Active Member

For some reason I'm not surprised at all by this piece of news. I'm surprised he actually lasted that long, with all the turmoil at Lanvin over the last three years (it must have been hell, really, to be able to keep some peace of mind and trudge on).

4. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

I am not surprised by this. It was bound to happen. I hope he is leading a menswear brand.Actually would be nice if he works with Claire at Givenchy but I don't think that would be happening.

5. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

6. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

Bruno have a good resume, I think that is a good choice for Lanvin, but I dont think that LMHV will let him go and break the 1 year clause.

7. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

He can pull a Karl....
    He can simply set his design studio and for one year, they design the collection and setup his vision and in one year, he will be officially the creative director of Lanvin. Karl did that when he joined Chanel.
    Lanvin needs an overall revival anyway and i'm sure they have a lot of stock to get rid of...

I hope he will bring back the classic bag designs of Alber and build the accessories line from that.

ghostwriter10549 likes this.
  8. donyan

donyan Active Member

I'm sad he's gone, I loved his menswear at Lanvin. But he's been there forever, maybe it's good for him too to leave and do something else . He would be great at a number of places, Berluti comes to mind straight away

9. entten

entten Member

I am not too excited to hear it may be Bruno....Lanvin needs something powerful,womanly and truly new. Maybe even not ignoring what Alber was doing there, but he should building up from there and taking it to a totally new level,doing something unexpected.....If I read Bruno and see the works, it seems it will be the same boring nice looking not outstanding sauce everyone else is doing right now. I have the feeling the outcome would be a /loewe/chloe/rabanne/acne/phoebe/ghesquiere-ish kind of sauce....but ok, nothing is decided yet.

10. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

I'm rather happy Lucas is gone. As much as I loved his work there, I feel like the last few collections were getting kind of stale. Great clothes, yeah, but it started to seem like an ongoing parade of oversided coats + pants, worn with a pair of sneakers (which still baffles me). It looked like he was running out of steam, so maybe a fresh new start is due.

There's never been a single item from Loewe (esp. their menswear) that ever piqued my interest, so, that's all I have to say about this new guy.

entten and Lola701 like this.