Luella Bartley Gisele Bag

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by ingenue, Jan 17, 2004.

1. agirlcalledk1ll

agirlcalledk1ll New Member

i don't find much use for big bags, i usually find my self running around thinking of what to put in them, so i don't feel wasteful, or silly (carrying my sunglasses, phone, makeup + wallet around in a big huge bag). + if i just reserve them for days when i NEED a big bag, they tend to get very little use...

that said, i was thinking of buying the baby gisele, i loved the style or the regular, so i thought this would be a perfect for me, but it just doesn't look the same. it does look a tad tacky + i just couldn't see myself carrying it.

that + the fact that i wanted the white, if i was going to buy it + it was smooth leather (which i didn't like...) as opposed to the pebbled leather that the pink one was in, which i would've preferred.....turned me off of the baby.

i'm glad i got to see them in person though.... it made me realise a gisele bag (no matter what size, and no matter how lovely) is not for me.

the regular sized one is gorgeous. if you need a big bag (or can use a bigger bag), i say go for that one.

2. Taitai

Taitai New Member

I very much agree with this. The large Gisele is THE classic bag. The smaller one is not as unique and eyecatching.

3. Amara

Amara New Member

I find this amusing, now there is an even smaller one...that I had not previously come across. Behold the mini Gisele it is 7x8.5...

I actually thought about buying a baby Gisele, but wanted to see them in person first...then I ended up getting an LV instead. :p

~Amara ^_^

4. agirlcalledk1ll

agirlcalledk1ll New Member

wow. i hadn't seen the mini before. that's so odd looking.......hahaha

5. catwalker

catwalker New Member

I like the Large size most, it is the most chic

But have to admit am quietly loving the 'mini' - its quite fabulously hilarious

6. Amara

Amara New Member

The mini is like 'My first designer bag' the one you get for your eighth birthday along with 'My first Barbie'! :innocent:

7. Craig

Craig New Member

yes, the classic big Giselle, that's the one! ;)

The mini sounds cute, but like you guys say, not as chic

Here's one

8. vintage_princess

vintage_princess Adorable illusion

I love your drawings, im jealous :p

9. Plumour

Plumour New Member

totally agree :flower:

10. Luna

Luna offline.

It's like the baby giselle is dressing up in mommy's clothes... er... straps and handles and tag. ;)

11. crazyfordior

crazyfordior New Member

I find the mini Luella a little gitl's bag..I personally own this one, and it's really confortable and roomy enough for all our stuff :innocent:

12. Noufa

Noufa New Member

Hi :)

This is the Luella brogue giselle bag.

so what do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. MJCouture

MJCouture Active Member

When I first heard about this bag I thought I would love it, and i have yet to see it in person, but from pictures it isnt that great. To be honest, I like the originial giselle better. The burgundy color is also far more drab than I had hoped. I think the whole wingtip theme just doesnt work right, could have been done better.

matt

edit: I just pinpointed what I really dont like about this bag. It is too structured and the leather is too smooth. It would work witha slightly more relaxed leather, I understand the smoothness was probably necesary to make the cutouts contrast better, but it could have been a tad more textured. The epitome of the original was the whole slouchy oversized feel. I am all for changing things, but maybe she could have thought up of an all together new shape for this style. hmmm.

14. Kora

Kora New Member

I really don't like these colors

15. Noufa

Noufa New Member

I agree.

I think there's way too many things going on at the same time.

I tried imagining it without the bottom hoop detail and i think it would have looked much better. but then again it wouldn't be a giselle without it.

16. Taitai

Taitai New Member

I like the new designs but I also agree with you. I like the smoothness but it would have been nicer to have something less stiff. I think the slouchy look gives the bag its modern edge. Also I'm missing the contrasting white stitching which I love with the current versions.

But I'd love to see the bag before I really decide because I read on another forum that these new designs are "to die for" in person.

17. Plumour

Plumour New Member

I only like the original one in black :(

18. Foxie-Pooh

Foxie-Pooh Active Member

The leather used in Luella Giesel is too thick/hard. It made it feel cheap. I kinda like the Carmen bag better... :unsure:

19. prettyinpink24

prettyinpink24 New Member

i'm not a huge fan of this bag in particular. there looks like theres too much going on for one bag :huh:

20. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

The original's still the best.