Vans - The All-Things 'Vans Sneakers/Trainers' Thread

:ninja: I got the Luella Vans for my exgf. she loves them! i bought them for 70 USD in NYC. they had both colors the light pink and the HOT PINK. I bought her the hot pinks!

Hey dose anyone know what to were with checkred vans I have them but not sure what to were with them?!?!

OMG...just today I was walking down the street and a girl had on a pair of those with above the ankle beige socks, fishnets, below the knee black skirt and a park.
Strangely enough....the look worked for her...but not something I would suggest to anyone. :yuk:

they were HUGE among teen girls.
personally don't like them. however, they could be cute on the right person I guess, but not anymore since there were (or still are) too many of those. and it's not my taste and style at all.

From what I've noticed, if you have to think about what to wear with shoes like those, there's a good chance that you will look out of place wearing them Don't take this as me being rude; just giving you my opinion. With those shoes, or any other type of "skate shoe", the people who wear them usually don't really think about their outfits too much. They just put whatever on and somehow manage to look good. So... I guess you just shouldn't think lol. This probably didn't make any sense.

OK sorry for my rambling. If you're still thinking, just wear jeans or casual black pants.

although i've never seen them pulled off, i would suggest long structured skirt in black, black tank, white button down, long crocheted scarf in funky color, and very long almost-ground sweeping coat. choppy hair style.

if you are not going to go to that extreme maybe try the avril look. long boy shorts, thin vintag-y tank, maybe a bubbled vest.

like i have said, never seeing it pulled off, but you asked...

i've seen them done quite well, but i think theyre kind of over. tight skinny jeans, lots of black, etc etc. and dont ever get a pair thats not the classic black and white checker.

Originally posted by itsdniel78@Dec 11th, 2003 - 10:06 pm
Hey dose anyone know what to were with checkred vans I have them but not sure what to were with them?!?!
these shoes are featured in the january issue of elle in a very preppy-meets-resort look....(i wish i had a pic to show everyone)

I have a pair of regular vans trainers that I wear when I'm feeling lazy and just want to kick around in jeans and a hooded sweatshirt (which is about 80% of the time when I'm at school :wink: )

Originally posted by Shahna@Dec 19th, 2003 - 5:46 pm
I have a pair of regular vans trainers that I wear when I'm feeling lazy and just want to kick around in jeans and a hooded sweatshirt (which is about 80% of the time when I'm at school :wink: )
thats what i do only i have the jane doe in lime green

What is the jane doe style? Mine are all white with a shiny silver V. They're starting to get worn out so I might have to buy new ones soon.

Originally posted by Shahna@Dec 19th, 2003 - 8:50 pm
What is the jane doe style? Mine are all white with a shiny silver V. They're starting to get worn out so I might have to buy new ones soon.
umm there slip ons like the checkered vans and ill try to find a picture

3992273B.JPG

there kinda a shoe you like or you dont....i guess certain people wouldnt like them but yea i have them in green
they look kinda weird in that picture also

I didn't even know Vans made shoes like that. I thought they only made skate shoes.

love checker vans :flower: I guess you can wear whatever you like with them, I always wear jeans and a plain tshirt with mine, but I guess whatever works for you would be good

Jodie Kidd in the January 03 Elle... Personally don't like these shoes with this particular ensemble.

I stole a pair of black Keds from my mom ( :lol: ) and I'm going to pair them with a black soccer jersey, a denim mini and black bunched knee socks. I usually (actually, make that NEVER) go for the punk-ish look but I thought this outfit would be "interesting".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->