Luisana Gonzalez

IS LUISANA GONZALEZ THE NEXT JOAN SMALLS?

When you start off your career as a Louis Vuitton exclusive, you're pretty much groomed for success.

22-year-old Luisana Gonzalez just finished up her first New York Fashion Week season with an impressive roster of shows for a new face, but she had a bit of a helping hand from Nicolas Ghesquiere. Gonzalez's career really took off after she was casted for Louis Vuitton an exclusive for Spring 2016 and Fall 2016. A year later, Gonzalez has landed in New York and conquered the runways at Alexander Wang, Proenza Schouler, Rodarte and Michael Kors, just to name a few. Before she jetted off to taken on London Fashion Week, we chatted with the Dominican beauty about her rise to the top, her favorite show of New York and her favorite beauty products right now.

HB: How did you get discovered?

LG: I won a local modeling competition and landed a contracted with Ossygeno agency in the Dominican Republic. Soon after, I was placed with Ford Models in New York and Paris.

HB: Did you always want to be a model?

LG: No, I was not interested in modeling at first...but a friend of mine insisted that I to go to an open call. I did always like fashion, but I never thought much about it. I mean, I never really saw myself in the industry.

HB: What would you be doing right now if you weren't at NYFW?

LG: Sleeping. Fashion week can be exhausting. I'd probably be relaxing in Santo Domingo if I weren't doing the shows.

HB: What do you miss about home?

LG: My family, friends and Dominican food.

HB: Have you seen any tourist sights in NYC?

LG: I have been to Central Park, but I have been so busy that I haven't had the chance to go sight-seeing.

HB: What's been your favorite show of the week?

LG: It's hard to pick just one, there were so many good shows! But if I have to pick, I'd say Alexander Wang.

HB: Are there any models that you look up to?

LG: Joan Smalls & Ysaunny Brito

HB: Whose style do you admire?

LG: I really love Diane Von Furstenberg style!

HB: What's your favorite emoji?

LG:

HB: Favorite form of social media?

LG: Instagram

HB: Favorite beauty products right now?

LG: For hair, I love the Balmain Silk Perfume spray and Redken's Curvaceous Curl Refiner. Bioderma and Shiseido make some of my favorite moisturizers. Also, loving the the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Star Clash Edition Lipstick right now.

HB: What are you always carrying in your bag?

LG: My passport and my phone.

HB: What are you listening to right now?

LG: Sam Smith

harpers bazaar.com

J.W.Anderson SS17 LFW

vogue

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amine7
Back