Lula #8 Spring/Summer 2009: Chanel Iman by Damon Heath

rubyfixed

Reaction score
imageLib.ASP

Source: ExpressMag.Com

OH JESUS.....this is perfect, great for my lovely Ms. Iman getting those covers :heart: :wub:

:ermm: I'm not his biggest fan and it's not their best cover, too much purple imo a darker color would have make it better; but I can leave with it.

Can't wait for the contents

Last edited by a moderator:
Very southern school girl goes to church! Its alright
yeah. I see that, too. a little cliché, I think.. and it lacks the extra effort you need to put on studio shots. Je n'aime pas. or something like that. :lol:

crossing my fingers for more covers. :lucky:

I think her face looks void like she is just zoned out.

I agree on the antebellum south comment. Something about it almost makes me uncomfortable. She kind of looks like a young mum from turn of the century south or something, going to church/work/wherever, as opposed to a modern young black woman. I'm sure this wasn't their intention at all, and in fact, it's wrong that you put a white model in that get-up and it's retro happy-go-lucky 50s and if you have a young black model, it doesn't conjure up that imagery but Chanel is so beautiful, I wish they had made her look happy and vibrant. Maybe it's just the dull lip color.

I'm going to have to look up the site I got the last issue from the make sure I can get this one. Any info on the inside content yet?

I agree on the antebellum south comment. Something about it almost makes me uncomfortable. She kind of looks like a young mum from turn of the century south or something, going to church/work/wherever, as opposed to a modern young black woman. I'm sure this wasn't their intention at all, and in fact, it's wrong that you put a white model in that get-up and it's retro happy-go-lucky 50s and if you have a young black model, it doesn't conjure up that imagery but Chanel is so beautiful, I wish they had made her look happy and vibrant. Maybe it's just the dull lip color.

I Totally agree. There is something very passive and a bit disturbing about this image.

They should have picked another model period. She's too average which makes this cover uber dull!

I Totally agree. There is something very passive and a bit disturbing about this image.
Totally, this cover makes me feel uncomfortable which is the ultimate no no when it comes to a magazine cover, since they are in the biz of making me want to buy the issue.Eeek!

yeah. I see that, too. a little cliché, I think.. and it lacks the extra effort you need to put on studio shots. Je n'aime pas. or something like that. :lol:

crossing my fingers for more covers. :lucky:

Verrrrrrrrrrrrry good idea *crossing fingers together*:lol:

I would like it better if she had some sort of expression on her face. I feel nothing from it.

i think the cover is almost perfect..i love the look they were going for however the posture kind of messes it up..also the tension in her lips and brainswashed stare in her eyes..the elements & styling is perfection, though..:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"