lumene

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
http://www.lumene.com/

has anyone used these products?
any recommendations for any specific product from the line?

target stores are going to start carrying the Finnish brand....
looking for some feedback from our european members...

thanks!!
:flower:

This month, Target will clear room in its beauty department for Lumene, the Finnish beauty brand that CVS Pharmacy introduced to the U.S. market in 2003.
wwd.com

This is very popular in Finland, as popular as L'Oreal. If I would use make-up, I would try to use their products as they seem to be very anti-allergic and hygienic. I'm not sure whether they are organic, but at least they want to give off such an image.

If you are into different masks, they make good ones. I also liked their pressed powder. Don't buy their eye shadows, they are not good.

I know a person who works at Orion, a medical company which apparently tests their products... I can ask more from her if I meet her soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
lumene is already sold in some drugstores in the US (Walgreens or CVS).

walgreens is trying to focus on expensive european skincare items. these have a much higher markup value than normal US drugstore skin brands.

The tiny drugstores in NYC may not have lumene yet.

in the US lumene is directed at "older" women. they have mainly women 40+ in the ads...

personally, the products dont seem that exciting. id rather buy a product from olay or proctor and gamble or some US conglomerate that has millions to spend on each product testing. While living in europe, id rather buy products from ROC or la roche posay.

BUT you can get really good deals on Lumene in the drugstores here. some weeks its buy-one-get-one free. i'd check for coupons.

I've known it for 10 years at least!!!! I used to like it :heart:, mostly lipsticks and eyepencils:heart:. Haven't tried powders and eyeshadows, oh, and mascara is not so goodB).

Lumene is not an expensive brand, like someone said it's like L'Oreal or Maybelline. :smile:

I had some makeup from them when I was younger. I can't really say much about it, negative or positive.
And I've used skincare from them more recently and been quite happy with it.

I have to agree, at least here in Europe Lumene is considered a cheap brand, and I think it is good compared to the low price. However, if it's being sold as an expensive and luxurious skin care/make-up line in US, I think you are getting fooled.

the cosmetics wont be on sale in the USA, just the skincare items.

its reasonably priced in the US. maybe a few dollars more expensive than loreal and neutrogena.

Correction: i just went to my local cvs and they had a huge section with lumene skincare items and lumene cosmetics. theyve jacked up the prices a bit as well!
my CVS drugstore also has a huge selection of La roche posay items as well.

i dont see how lumene cosmetics are going to sell. marketing cosmetics for older women is pretty tough. the vital radiance line recently failed here.

yeah- i know it's a drugstore brand...that is how it is marketed...
but i was interested if anyone could recommend any particular products from the line...

specifically skincare...
i really like a few of the boots products that are now available at target--- (ie- the botanical creams and the No.7 cover up)
though i have to agree that the US prices are a bit higher than the Euro prices...but i guess that is the cost of importing them...
and it's cheaper than a flight...:P

so- any good masks or something?

:flower:

There's something about Lumene you should know when considering trying the products: The overall branding sucks big time, and does no justice for the products.

In Finland, the upside of this has been the "democratic" pricing of the brand - low marketing costs and low product prices. But when they try to take their business abroad, and have to charge more for the products, they don't realise that in order to justify the price to the consumer, they need to totally rethink the whole brand and marketing concept.

So the brand will likely fail in the US, which is a shame, because some of the products are very good. Elsewhere on this board I've raved about Christal Radiance Skin Tone Perfector, which I turned to after being disappointed with Clarins' Beauty Flash Balm. Other products I like are Magic Drops (even though at 23 I still don't quite qualify for "mature" skin). And as for masks, I love the Deep Cleansing Peat Mask.

I don't know about the exact pricing of these products over there, but if it's not completely insane I'd definitely recommend trying them. Here they are in the same price class with L'Oreal, but I could definitely pay a bit more for them.

I agree wholeheartedly with Nyx. Modelbehaviour, don't buy them if they are pricey.

CVS has been carrying Lumene for several years now. I bought a night creme and it was too greasy and made my face break out so I ended up using it as a hand creme :( Waste of money. Maybe some other products are better, but I did not want to risk, the price was much higher than other drugstore brands.

modelbehavior228 said:
I have wanted to try them, but they seem so $$ at CVS.

^ Same here.

I get Extra Care coupons for Lumene all the time (usually $5 off) but it's still too rich for my blood.

I try eye shadows, blush, mascara - dont like.
Nail polish is good.

lemene is a cheap brand, like maybelline or whatever. not liking it sooo much but their primer is really good!

thanks for the product info nyx...:flower:...
good to know...
magic drops?...that could be interesting...i'll keep that in mind...

I used their peat mask while taking a bath yesterday evening, and would recommend that - unless they cost too much. Here it's about 8-10 € / tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->