L'Uomo Vogue June 2018 : Rogier Bosschaart by Julia Hetta

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by MDNA, Jun 5, 2018.

1. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Vogue Italia Digital Edition

L'Uomo Vogue and Interview just finished their farewell tour like Cher I think.

ivano likes this.
  2. DanielWP

DanielWP Member

They should relaunch Details magazine...

3. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

:lol:

4. caioherrero

caioherrero Active Member

What’s this? Really?

5. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

Why can't I have Details back. This cover is just lacklustre.

6. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

:lol: @MDNA!

It doesn't look like a cover, more like a preview, but I like the image a lot! It's very mature yet modern. None of that youth nonsense we're inundated with.

Maybe they changed the teams as well which imo was needed because the last few imagery looked as dull as dishwater. And maybe Farneti is the one who motivated the relaunch for L'uomo. He comes from GQ, it's something he would do.

7. ivano

ivano Well-Known Member

Yes!! I'm beyond happy for this. No words. VI finally has its male counterpart. The year under the new eic was quite good, with fashion eds with real male models. Hope to see a mix bt Premoli/Russo/Sozanni era. And yes, please, relaunch Details! Depends of Anna and J. Newhouse. Dan Peres is a master.

8. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

MDNA is on a roll!

Looks like either a supplement to VI, or some sort of preview. Either case, looks unbearably stale— like some throwaway webitorial for any given, nameless online men’s shop.

These new women shooters are so bland, boring and tepid— just a bunch of catalogue photographers. Makes Collier come across so much more impressive… and that’s really saying just how meek these women's shoots are, when they make Collier's work so alive in comparison.

9. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

^Julia Hetta is really boring. Worked multiple times with her, she needs 5 hours to do one single boring photo :lol: . She thinks that she is more than a fashion photographer, like an artist or something :innocent:

10. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

^I have met those type of photographers. I couldn't count how many eyerolls we all had at the set.

11. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Not only bland and boring imageries, lacking creativity, and pretentious— but one of those people that take forever just to take one catalogue-looking shot LOL

I can’t suffer these traits in anyone that’s in fashion. Go work for TIME magazine.

That’s such a weak image for L’UOMO. If that’s meant as a taste of things to come, then let L’UOMO remain dead. I don’t want to see more catalogues masquerading as magazines, along with the department-store designers, in high fashion.

Dire days.

12. Vitamine W

Vitamine W Well-Known Member

13. Fontastic

Fontastic New Member

I was not expecting this at all! So happy the are relaunching for the 50th anniversary! (technically it's their 51st, but they like to take a year off).

It doesn't look like a supplement, it says June, and the June issue of Vogue is already out (right?) so it can't be.

It's probably coming out right before Milan Fashion Week (mid June). I hope it'll be monthly but I highly doubt it... I'll take 4 issues a year, but not two.

14. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

PREVIEW : Pharrell Williams by Brigitte Lacombe

[​IMG]
    Vogue Italia Digital Edition

I think the article in the preview said that the magazine will be globally published in English, and this issue counts editorials by Julia Hetta, Collier Schorr, Brigitte Lacombe, Annemarieke van Drimmelen and Arielle Bobb-Willis.

I can’t read Italian, so correct me if I’m wrong.

15. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I've been saying this for so long! Couldn't agree with you more. Granted, this wave made it possible for the rise of Charlotte Wales, an overwhelming percentage of the new guard photogs (especially the female ones) bore me to tears! They're part of the reason magazines are so dull nowadays. Vitamine is right! Nobody is shooting fashion for the sake of fashion anymore. We are inundated with photographers who would like each and every shoot to hang in some museum as art. They're approaching edits with a first year art student's sensibility, meaning they're overthinking everything. Everything must be a statement.

I still like this image though. There's a silent Sarah Moon grace to it coupled with the masculine elements.

16. Fontastic

Fontastic New Member

Yep, the text says it will be published in English (with italian translations).
    It will be available "in a couple of weeks", it will be sold both as a standalone magazine and as a supplement to Vogue Italia.

It says L'Uomo is "coming back" so I'm assuming it's not a special one-off issue, but it doesn't say how often it'll be published.

17. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

^so true. That's why I will prefer Meisel over any of these photographers. Even bad Meisel is better than all of them. This is a fashion magazine, i want fashion.

If you really want to laugh Julia Hetta framed her work and put them on her house :lol:

18. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

#1 Pharrell Williams by Brigitte Lacombe
    #2 Aiden Andrews by Annemarieke van Drimmelen
    #3 Kobe Delgado by Collier Schorr
    #4 Alton Mason by Arielle Bobb-Willis
    #5 Rogier Bosschaart by Julia Hetta

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

instagram.com/luomovogue

#18 MDNA, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited by moderator melisdedeoglu: Jun 6, 2018
  19. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

So by the looks of it, they're back to their old tricks! Woke/hipster/youth/multi-cover direction? Should've stayed in the coffin. I'll see myself out!

20. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

businessoffashion.com