L'UOMO Vogue May/June 2009 : Cindy Sherman & Richard Prince

tarsha

Reaction score

The biennal issue.

Two years, bi-monthly, bi-cover. Play on the declination of the number two of L'Uomo Vogue May-June, with pair of aces from the contemporary photography for the double cover of the issue to the 53rd edition of the festival of art in Venice (in the picture, from left: Cindy Sherman and Richard Prince). An extraordinary leadership and excellence to discover in preview the future of the national art scene and internationally through the portraits of famous dot targets on the visual arts guru, and the words of those who made their profession in life. So Bruce Weber photographer Yoko Ono, a candidate for the prize in a career, Daniel Birnbaum, director of the Biennale in 2009, presents its exclusive selection of artists between ninety called a collection for the exhibition Making Worlds and Massimiliano Gioni, artistic director of the Foundation Trussardi, explains why those who criticize the biennial is wrong in principle. In a portfolio of images and words for art irreducible addicted.

menstyle.it

Cindy's cover is indeed very nice.

Cindy's cover appeals to me more. It's the colours.
Thanks for posting tarsha

I love Cindy Sherman & her cover looks great... I'll be getting this. I'm interested in the rest of the content as well.

Thanks for posting tarsha!

Love Cindy's.
The only thing that bothers me is that ugly font they use. Looks like someone opened up Paint and wrote on the cover.

I agree about the font choice, it ruins the whole look of the cover in a way. The images are so clean and streamlined then that ugly font... sigh.

Cindy's cover is wonderful though, her gift for transformation is on display but you get a real feel for her as well.

Love Cindy's.
The only thing that bothers me is that ugly font they use. Looks like someone opened up Paint and wrote on the cover.

i think it was an intention. the typography brings something old-fashioned and cosy to L'Uomo Vogue covers. it's almost as of retrograde grande feeling about it (which suits their imagery just perfectly). i'm not always 100% convinced with it, but it's their signature look and it somehow works for them (especially for Bruce Weber's pictures).
anyway, Cindy's cover looks fantastic. and isn't it a relief to finally have her fished out of her endless multi-layered artistic incarnations? B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->