L'Uomo Vogue November 2009 : Shepard Fairey by Francesco Carrozzini

Fontastic

Reaction score
L’Uomo Vogue #405 - November 2009
Shepard Fairey by Francesco Carrozzini
11r8b2h.jpg

waitfashion.com

I think it's one of most boring issues of L'Uomo Vogue I have ever bought, mainly because I have no idea who all these people are... But I will make some scans later today if anyone's interested.

My review:

FILM NOIR
Photos by Roberto Baldassarre, text by Amos Poe
Michele Venitucci, Candela Novembre, Michele Riondino, Franco Nero, Alfonso Santagata

LIVING WITH CHARACTER
Text by Roberto Croci

VIA MARGUTTA, ROMA
Luigi Ontani by Pierpaolo Ferrari
Text by Cesare Cunaccia

PLACES AND PERSONALITY
Peter Sellars by Brad Swonetz, Joauad Kadiri by Michel Haddi, Jack Savoretti by Elisabetta Claudio, Nigo by Kishin Shinoyama, Fabrizio Plessi by Marco Pietracupa, Kashiwa Sato by Kishin Shinoyama, Joe Quesada by Seth Kushner, Benedikt Taschen by Debra Scherer, James Zinna by Carlotta Manaigo, Richard Meier by Francesco Carrozzini, Philipp Fürhofer by Matthias Ziegler, André Balazs by Luca Pioltelli, Maarten Baas by Joost Vanderbrug, Munib Masri by Garo Nallpdian

THE STUDIO AND THE ART OF…
Jonathan Wateridge by Chris Brooks
Text by Emanuele Lugli

A NOMAD
Marina Abramovic by Francesco Carrozzini
Text by Benedetta Pignatelli

THE ECLECTIC TASTE OF
Bryan Ferry by Hugo Tillman
Text by Fabia di Drusco

MY HOUSE IN MARECHIARO
Pappi Corsicato by Pierpaolo Ferrari
Text by Cesare Cunaccia

“WIPE YOUR FEET BEFORE YOU ENTER…”
Photographs in homes from my diary – Bruce Weber
Balthus and his wife Setsuki Ideta, Pirkle Jones, John Hoiland, Lance Acord, Jasper Johnes, Leo Castelli, Dash Snow, Ryan McGinley, Paul Bowles

VILLA MEDICI
Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia by Pierpaolo Ferrari
Text by Cesare Cunaccia

ARTIST’S WORLD
William Kentridge by Kevin MacKintosh
Text by Paolo Noé

AT THE FRENCH COMMUNIST PARTY HEADQUARTERS, PARIS
Ole Scheeren by Sofia Sanchez and Mauro Mongiello
Text by Angelo Flaccavento

THE ROOMS OF THE PIANIST
Michael Nyman by Pierpaolo Ferrari
Text by Fabia di Drusco

Articles: Namjoo, Ugo Rondinone, Haruki Murakani, Roberto Bolle ♥, Paris Photo 2009 exhibition, Berlin Wall 20 years anniversary, New York Futurism conference, Nicholas Vreeland, MenStyle.it, Tats Cru, Sacai, Michael Roberts

:neutral:

I thought OBAMA was on the cover. Why the hell is the cover star lying down he looked like a supporting cast to Obama. Bad cover

I think he's the guy who did that Obama artwork... But the cover is bad... I realised it wasn't dedicated to Obama only after I got home :lol:

Aw thanks so much Fontastic! :clap::clap:
The cover is very interesting...but I've no idea who are these people. :lol:
ETA: Except Obama!

I quite like it - the artist dominated by his artwork. It makes sense; everybody knows that image but nobody knows its creator - even from a commercial point of view it's common sense because if they just had a photo of Fairey nobody would really care. Making such a blaringly obvious association with his most well known work on his cover is practical, and also quite tongue-in-cheek I think. The only thing I don't like is the awful font there in the middle, it really doesn't work with the image as a whole.

Does L'Uomo Vogue have English translations for the articles like Casa Vogue does? The articles always seem so interesting.

id be interested in seeing the bryan ferry story. he has amazing style.

and shephard fairey is a great idea for a cover subject. he's had an interesting year and he's a good guy.

id be interested in seeing the bryan ferry story. he has amazing style.

and shephard fairey is a great idea for a cover subject. he's had an interesting year and he's a good guy.

I'm about to head out now, I'll scan them tomorrow :flower:

Does L'Uomo Vogue have English translations for the articles like Casa Vogue does? The articles always seem so interesting.

Some of them does. Only the Jonathan Wateridge, Pappi Corsicato and Shepard Fairey articles does. I'll scan them tomorrow aswell.

LIVING WITH CHARACTER
Text by Roberto Croci
(fold out cover and english translation included)

THE ECLECTIC TASTE OF
Bryan Ferry by Hugo Tillman
Text by Fabia di Drusco

my scans

FILM NOIR
Photos by Roberto Baldassarre
Text by Amos Poe
Michele Venitucci, Candela Novembre, Michele Riondino, Franco Nero, Alfonso Santagata

my scans

Extremely excited about Michael Nyman's ed! :buzz:

Thanks for the review!

Thanks for the scans Fontastic! Wish I could find this magazine where I am...

I went to Fairey's exhibit at the ICA in Boston earlier this year and his work is quite amazing (if street art is your thing). He's been around for a while and has had an amazing career and I'm glad to see him sharing the cover with one of his most controversial pieces of art.

The rooms of the Pianist MICHAEL NYMAN

my scans

Attachments

• img061.jpg
    img061.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 7
  • img062.jpg
    img062.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 4
  • img063.jpg
    img063.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 5
  • img064.jpg
    img064.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 6
as much as i want to get into l'uomo vogue, its just not interesting to me. this isnt even intended on being a fashion magazine- is it relevant enough to be included amongst TFS? or are we just putting it here because of the 'vogue' referrence?

I think it's one of most boring issues of L'Uomo Vogue I have ever bought, mainly because I have no idea who all these people are... But I will make some scans later today if anyone's interested.

God save Google!

as much as i want to get into l'uomo vogue, its just not interesting to me. this isnt even intended on being a fashion magazine- is it relevant enough to be included amongst TFS? or are we just putting it here because of the 'vogue' referrence?
:unsure: I created this thread because someone asked me to via PM seeing my post in the "recently received magazine" thread.

^ Scanning them as I type. I'll add them when I'm done scanning a few more things :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnaFashion
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->