M / M (Paris) - Graphic Designers

^^is there anything cooler than that invite?
love it :heart:

givenchy fall winter 2012 invite by M/M limited edition of 1000

w8HIR.jpg

purple.fr

i ADORE their work in the balenciaga ads :wub:

those might even be some of my favorite ads of all time...
and i can't even pinpoint exactly why..
i just think they're so great :heart:

maybe it's the mix of fashion and art/design that i love?...

Same here! :heart: These and the Givenchy invitations plus Stella with Amber. Fantastic.

yohji yamamoto 'rewind/forward'
238 fashion pictures, 1995-2000

these are the last copies of the very rare and out-of-print publication. celebrating yohji yamomoto’s 20 years in fashion, the book compiles all the images produced during the five years preceding its release - years in which the creative collaboration between m/m (paris) and yohji yamamoto took place. a collection of daring and poetic images, now iconic photos, made in a context of great freedom in fashion. photographs are by paolo roversi, david sims, inez van lamsweerde and vinoodh matadin, craig mcdean. they feature maggie rizer, stella tennant, amber valetta, kirsten owen, hannelore knuts...

shop.mmparis.com

inez van lamsweerde
photographs

inez van lamsweerde & vinoodh matadin
photographs

shop.mmparis.com

inez van lamsweerde & vinoodh matadin
pretty much everything 1985-2010 : the newspaper collector's edition

christy
[enhanced]
with inez van lamsweerde & vinoodh matadin

christy_enhanced__77643_zoom.jpg

shop.mmparis.com

Last edited by a moderator:
i-d
[femininity]

balenciaga
[anne-catherine]
with inez van lamsweerde and vinoodh matadin

balenciaga
[christy]

m/mink 2
celebrating m/m (paris) and byredo perfumes 'M/MINK' fragrance launch
photograph by inez van lamsweerde & vinoodh matadin

balenciaga
[melia]

Carine

ampersand
[karl lagerfeld]

shop.mmparis.com

the alphabet
[anne-catherine, bridget, carmen-maria, sophie dahl, eleonora, fanni, griet, hannelore, isabeli, jeisa, karen, laetitia, michelle, ann oost, christina p...]

shop.mmparis.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[...stephanie q. stiles, frankye rayder, stephanie seymour, trish, nikki uberti, guinevere van seenus, veronica webb, xeyenne, abbeY, zoe]

generic

thealphabet_generic_61626_zoom.jpg

shop.mmparis.com

finally! a book coming this fall:
486397_10150894144100458_1858876320_n.jpg

28 pages to celebrate 20 years of m/m (paris) ...out this fall.
english edition published by thames and hudson
french edition published by les éditions de la martinière
read the press release on http://www.mmparis.com/

m/m facebook page

^More info-
Paperback: 528 pages
Publisher: Thames & Hudson (22 Oct 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 050028993X
ISBN-13: 978-0500289938

A 528-page monograph presenting for the first time twenty years of works by M/M (Paris), one of the most emblematic and influential design practices and art partnerships of the twenty-first century. Michaël Amzalag and Mathias Augustyniak originally established M/M (Paris) as a graphic design studio in 1992. Their close associations with the music, fashion and art worldshave led to their becoming one of the most distinctive and acclaimed creative voices of their generation, within graphic design and beyond. Published to mark their twentieth anniversary, this is the definitive monograph. It records hundreds of their mind-blowing projects, each represented in illustrations and photographs and arranged alphabetically from M to M. While print, drawing, photography and an unconventional approach to typography lie at the heart of M/Ms work, they have also produced films, objects or interiors. Our work is about expressing the idea of a dialogue. We transfer elements from fashion to music to art and back again, and keep using different mediums, they explain. Each work they produce is unique, but certain elements recur and reverberate leitmotifs that draw their output, despite its range, into a unified whole. The monograph features collaborations with the finest from a spectrum of creative worlds, including fashion works with the likes of Balenciaga, Calvin Klein, Stella McCartney, Marc Jacobs and Yohji Yamamoto; music works with Benjamin Biolay, Björk, Kanye West and Madonna; magazines such as Vogue Paris, Arena Homme+ or Interview; art projects and exhibitions at the Centre Pompidou, Tate Modern and Guggenheim Museum. Interviews with some of their closest collaborators such as Björk, Nicolas Ghesquière, Pierre Huyghe, Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin, Sarah Morris or Glenn OBrien, as well as Amzalag and Augustyniak themselves, tell M/Ms story. These texts reveal their areas of interest, define their position both within graphic design and beyond and shed new light on the duos creative process. Internationally renowned art curator Hans Ulrich Obrist contributes a preface, while contemporary artist Philippe Parreno offers an essay about their joint projects. These multiple conversations and recollections of shared experiences paint an overview of the evolution of the creative world since the early 90s. This ambitious monograph is a rare document and unparalleled insight into the work and minds of Europes most thoughtful and influential image-makers.

cool! I'm not sure I would pick the book up based on the cover (especially if I didn't know who they were... but I'm intrigued about what it contains...

a better look at the whole cover image from the Thames & Hudson website

XahGG.png

m/m (paris) presents
THE GIVENCHY FILES
the definitive archive of invitations and graphic works
inspired by the collections of riccardo tisci
2007 — 2012
featuring
art by
M/M (PARIS)
foreword by
OLIVIER ZAHM
‘These elegant invitations, dark, tortured, mysterious, erotic, surrealistic,
are a sort of thumbing of the nose at current fashion images.’

64 pages | 45 plates in full color with gold and silver inks | 13.5 × 9 inches
hardbound | obi-strip | numbered edition of 1 500 copies
isbn 978-2-918392-04-0 | france: 45€
M/M Books are available from shop.mmparis.com and selected bookstores.

One day in spring 2003, a young man called Riccardo Tisci stopped by the studio
of M/M (Paris) to buy a couple of their Alphabet posters he was admiring.
Two years later as the newly appointed creative director for Givenchy,
Tisci invited M/M to develop an ever-expanding visual langage for the revered
fashion house. Invitation cards for his fashion shows have become a space of visual
experimentations through which M/M freely express Tisci’s inspirations.
‘Hyper-chic propaganda, imperceptible appeals, juvenile graffiti, interweaving dark
choruses and hypothetical calculations of the imaginary’, as described
by Olivier Zahm, these invitations for the women, men and haute couture collections
of Givenchy are gathered for the first time in this publication, celebrating this
fertile collaboration — an original and rare happening in fashion imagery - that is still going strong.

Some images from the book:

(Haute couture fw 12/13)

all images/info from mmparis.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"