Maggie Gyllenhaal

i find her gross.... one of those things you cannot explain she just does it to me...and the only reason she would become a fashion icon is because every generation needs a quirky red carpeter.....

I agree that she is not the most attractive actress out there. In fact, she is just regular looking. However, I do not think that you have to be physically beautiful in order to dress well. (Just look at Sarah Jessica Parker). Also, part of Maggie Gyllenhaal's fashion sense for me is that she does not look the same as the other trying-too-hard-dressed-by-their-stylist actresses working today.

I like maggies style. her outfits have vitality but her boringness tones it down, so her choices dont ' scream ' . I dont see her anywhere near chloe. chloe has a big appreciation for fashion ( she wanted to be a fashion designer ) and it shows, i think maggie seems to enjoy dressing but doesnt have the attitude to be a trailblazer / and or trendsetter.

She's a great actress and cute, but the gal can't dress. She looks nice in the photo at the premiere of Secretary though. The Chanel haute couture dress would have looked better of not paired with the black shoes. She looks OK at the Independent Spirit Awards, but what is with the newsboy/equestrian look. The tucking of her pants into the boots is totally unflattering on her frame. Chloe is a better dresser although neither of them are very pretty.

I really don't like her style at all. I think everything she wears is actually pretty ugly. Like Leyla said, I think she tries too hard to be different and cooky, but it doesn't really work. I do like her in this red dress, though.
gyllenhaal.sarsgaar2.050603.jpg
gyllenhaal2.012703.jpg
gyllenhaal.dunst2.110402.jpg

That red dress is really pretty; I hadn't seen it before. I agree that the brown isn't flattering though. Oh well, I guess it's hit and miss! :lol:

Originally posted by xlakai@Dec 16th, 2003 - 2:25 am
her hair is the biggest problem...
I completely agree. She's young...why is her hair exactly like my mother's...and if it's not like that, she has in some little house on the prairie/heidi updo.

Originally posted by lucy+Dec 16th, 2003 - 12:29 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lucy @ Dec 16th, 2003 - 12:29 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-xlakai@Dec 16th, 2003 - 2:25 am
her hair is the biggest problem...
I completely agree. She's young...why is her hair exactly like my mother's...and if it's not like that, she has in some little house on the prairie/heidi updo. [/b][/quote]
I agree..the hair..the clothes.. :blink:

not too big of a fan of her style.
but some of her outfits are really cute.

not a fan.

she tries so hard... reminds me of milla jovavich in that sense...

i am on sensory overload when i see her in photos.

her taste is so, what should i call it... hmm... she is definately someone that would make the error of over using the word magpie. :blink: just like so many fashion disasters.

and that chanel dress. yikes! talk about easter basket faux pas.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Dec 10th, 2003 - 11:36 pm
She is confident and individual with a wonderful sense of style! B)
I had to laugh when I saw that picture where Ms. Gylenhaal is flashing devil horns. I saw that mug and was like "Yup, no wonder I like this girl" (and her style). I haven't seen enough of her outfits to know whether she tries too hard. Excuse me for being ignorant, what makes her a celeb?

She was in a couple of indie films, none of which I have actually seen. The only one I can think of the moment is Secretary, which was fairly controversial. Her brother, Jake is also an actor (he was in Lovely and Amazing, which I have seen).

she's not a bad actress - I think it's cool that she dresses the way she does, quirky and cute, but her clothes don't really appeal to my taste.

oh well, to each his own

i love her style + personality!

and the way she stands like this:

gyllenhaal.dunst2.110402.jpg

lol

I still :heart: this girl. Her style is still unique and I like that. Plus she plays great roles and I like her in interviews as well. She's not afraid to be "real" if you will. She speaks what she wants and doesn't seem to judge people either.

From this year's Golden Globes. I think she looks adorable and very flapper. :P

Attachments

• maggieglobe04.jpg
    maggieglobe04.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 167
Although she is not beautiful, she seems very animated and natural-looking. She seems like a fun person. ^_^

Attachments

• laugh.jpg
    laugh.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"